Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

exhaust

cobratoo22

Howdy, does anyone know if a Corvette C6 exhaust will fit on an XLR? They look pretty similier but will the pipes come out the back in the proper position. Thinking Borla or SlP, used.
Thanks

I believe it will fit - with one exception. The tail end of it may be short if you install a C6 exhaust on an XLR... since the XLR has a protruding bumper, and the C6 doesn't - the tip will be tucked inside a bit and won't stick out like they should. To solve this problem you'll have to get the tail pipes extended a bit to have the tips stick out correctly. However, if you don't care about how they look, it will definitely bolt on and function correctly as-is.

Not that the hangers on the mid-section H-pipe are different between the XLR and XLR-V on the hanger located at the transmission end. I don't recall which of the styles is the one that similar to the C6 so thats one thing you'll have to compare with the C6 part to ensure it will fit.

Richard, I wonder if my stock XLR X pipes will fork with the Borla same diameter pipe etc.

pipes installed

Richard you were correct. Everything fits fine but pipes do not stick out the back. I am satisfied with how they look. I bought a Nxtstep system.

is your car a V? Did you have a photo of the vette exhaust? I am utting a custom rear bumper and going to build aexhaust single outlet and would liek to keep my almost new stock pipes. I see corvette cheap locally

Richard you were correct. Everything fits fine but pipes do not stick out the back. I am satisfied with how they look. I bought a Nxtstep system.

Thats great! 👍

Would love to see some photos! 📸

new exhaust pics

1xlr3.jpg2xlr2.jpg3xlr2.jpg5xlr2.jpg

rear bumper

is your car a V? Did you have a photo of the vette exhaust? I am utting a custom rear bumper and going to build aexhaust single outlet and would liek to keep my almost new stock pipes. I see corvette cheap locally
What kind of bumper are you using?

bumper

morphing a c7 into a 09 v rear. both were beyond use but maybe the two together? haha

They are tucked under a bit, but still can be seen. My 05 Base has the Corsa and they are out just a little bit more passed the bumper

d89648da6920ff1c68be74e1cb2bb24b.jpg
88549ac8de2de4b6e35b33ab87fd2dcc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• That's one sweet looking exhaust Cobratoo. Not only does the exhaust look great the undercarriage looks especially clean. Did you detail it or what? I recently added a rear sway bar to mine and was considering going over mine but after seeing yours I'm doing it for sure. Plus I'm getting ready to pull the tanks to correct the faulty gas gauge reading.

thanks Rmatt

Thanks Rmatt, The car was that way when I bought it a month ago. An Asian man owned it from almost new and took very good care of it. It has 60k miles.

no drone

I was concerned about the exhaust droning at cruising speed. I tested it cruising at speeds from 50 to 90 and it was very quiet. Until you got on it and it sounded very bold with the exhaust and intake.

I was concerned about the exhaust droning at cruising speed. I tested it cruising at speeds from 50 to 90 and it was very quiet. Until you got on it and it sounded very bold with the exhaust and intake.

I always prefer CORSA for our vehicles as they 'do NOT drone' and they work great - I love them on my XLR. Unfortunately Corsa only sells 'systems' and dont offer just the 'mufflers' so we recently used a Magnaflow on my 88 Suburban, a bit noisier but it is a Suburban! :burnout:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom