Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

extended warranties

larjones

Hi To everyone on this website. Iam glad to be a member.Has anyone purchased a extended warranty on a used xlr with a little under 40000 miles on it. I live in Ohio but a another home down in Flordia. Whats the best company to go with.I have checked in with Ensurance but they will go 40000 miles. I just prefer a two year plan with a 100 dollars deductible with it. I haven't purchased the car yet. Iam concerned with the top going up and down. Before I buy on any recommendations what to look for inside and out.

Thank You. Lar:cool:

When we bought our 06 Base last year, we bought a premium care warranty. Almost a bumper to bumper warranty w/$100 deduct.
The car had a shade over 42000. I've already used it within 4 months of purchase and it covered the cost of a new radiator then a couple of months later the driver side window regulator went belly up. The radiator total cost was right at 400$ and the regulator replacement was over 800$. Paid for about a third of the cost of the warranty already. The CD player has gone so I'm gonna see if the warranty will cover that as well. It's on the list of warrantied parts so shouldn't be a problem. That'll be almost the cost of the warranty if I get a new one out of the deal.

Hi To everyone on this website. Iam glad to be a member.Has anyone purchased a extended warranty on a used xlr with a little under 40000 miles on it. I live in Ohio but a another home down in Flordia. Whats the best company to go with.I have checked in with Ensurance but they will go 40000 miles. I just prefer a two year plan with a 100 dollars deductible with it. I haven't purchased the car yet. Iam concerned with the top going up and down. Before I buy on any recommendations what to look for inside and out.

Yes - my '06 had about 37k miles & got a 3 year warranty through USAA. It's more than paid for itself for a repairing 3 oil leaks (several thousand dollars) & replacing the gear shift ($500). $0.00 cost for me. You have to qualify to be a USAA member though (either you or parents current/former military).

Got one on an '07 V with 15k miles thru Zurich. Same oil leak repairs, they seemed to have a little harder time understanding the engine than USAA but it all worked out. Also the warranty cost more than the USAA one, don't know how much the fact it was a V contributed to the increased cost (USAA wouldn't cover the V).

xlrating extended warranty

thanks for the reply xlrating. You have a nice looking car. Thanks Larjones. You couldn't tell me what you paid for it.

Warranties

I have two XLR's --- an 04 and an 07. I obtained extended warranties for both. The 04 warranty is from CNA NATIONAL WARRANTY CORPORATION. It covers nearly everything, has a $100 disappearing deductible, and is 60month/36000 miles, cost me $3400.

The 07 XLR warranty details are: FIDELITY WARRANTY SERVICES, INC. Covers nearly everything, has a $100 deductible, 48 month/48000 miles, cost me $4840.

I have used both warranties with no complaints...other than regarding GM/Cadillac and their DISCONTINUATION OF PARTS FOR XLR's! Had I known that GM was not going to provide parts, obviously I would not have bought an XLR! I think it is a great car, but if it isn't serviceable, it's junk! I'm currently conducting research for parts because I don't want to stop driving these great cars, but if parts aren't available I'll trade/sell both XLR's before they become worthless.

parts avaibility on your two xlr

hi Sorry to here about your problems with parts. What specific parts our we talking about. Did you try contacting your insurance rates. What happens if they cant get the part. I think that's hard to believe myself. I use to own a 61 t bird I didn't have any problems what so ever. Also were you able to negotiate a better price with your carriers. Thank you . Lar:)

hi Sorry to here about your problems with parts. What specific parts our we talking about. Did you try contacting your insurance rates. What happens if they cant get the part. I think that's hard to believe myself. I use to own a 61 t bird I didn't have any problems what so ever. Also were you able to negotiate a better price with your carriers. Thank you . Lar:)

You're a new member, go back to the oldest posts in these forums, you'll see that parts are not available anymore. Most of the running gear is still available since a lot of it is also Corvette parts.

extended warranty

Hello again

What happens with your carrier if they cant find a specific xlr parts. Larjones

Generally, you spend more time in the garage polishing your car.

--In extreme cases, you wait until everyone is asleep and sit inside it, holding the steering wheel, pretending to drive.

CC :laugh:

Hello again

What happens with your carrier if they cant find a specific xlr parts. Larjones

An extended warranty isn't like collector car insurance where some promise to find parts for you. It just pays for repairs instead of you paying. If parts can't be found, it's the same difference as if you were paying for the repair yourself - the car sits & you enjoy it like ccclarke suggested until parts are found. I would think the warranty would then pay for the repair.

I doubt they would just pay you the cost of the nonexistent part & let you go hunt for it, because it's not insurance but just a longer "new car" style warranty - but I don't know for certain.

Extnded Warranty

When we bought our 06 Base last year, we bought a premium care warranty. Almost a bumper to bumper warranty w/$100 deduct.
The car had a shade over 42000. I've already used it within 4 months of purchase and it covered the cost of a new radiator then a couple of months later the driver side window regulator went belly up. The radiator total cost was right at 400$ and the regulator replacement was over 800$. Paid for about a third of the cost of the warranty already. The CD player has gone so I'm gonna see if the warranty will cover that as well. It's on the list of warrantied parts so shouldn't be a problem. That'll be almost the cost of the warranty if I get a new one out of the deal.

Please post the warranty company. I will like to own one for my 2004 XLR.

Most important thing you can do is purchase an extended warrantee...I bought a Total Exclusionary 72 Month/80,000 Mile...$100 deductible for $3500.00 from the dealer when I purchased my baby..Company is called Smart Auto Care/Advantage care...only have # to call for a claim but perhaps they can steer you to the right Dept....855-292-9311...
I am in the process of getting a new Fuel Pump ..( that's a major job ) ....Had new Hydraulic lines done for the convertible Top and replaced the entire Radio/Nav/CDplayer ...All major expenses that were covered..
It will pay for itself ..

I went with Zurich and they have paid 98% of work on the car. Idk how much I paid off hand. But it was the highest extended warranty that my dealer had at the time. I have another year or 88k miles left. I just turned 54 k. But when I purchased her in 2012 she only had 20745 miles on her. Very satisfied because even though dealer has changed owners (name) 3x. I have 0 deductible since the dealership is in same location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Request a car fax on it. If any work has been done at a respectable dealer then any major work or any maintenance will be recorded on the car fax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back