Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Fender re-badge question

MOTO13

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR-Black
The XLR I bought a while back had the fender badges removed. I don't understand this to be quite honest, but it happened. I like the look of the XLR badge there. My question is...what is the best way to line up to be sure the badges are put on correctly? (Level and properly placed) I was going to run a string from the mid-point of each wheel to get a reference point on the body. My garage has a slope, like most do, so this seems like the best way to be sure the badge is correctly leveled at least. Any other ideas?

If you don't have a pair available, the part number for the (identical) front fender nameplates are: 10353944, available here: 10353944 - OEM GM PLATE GMPartsCenter.net

You'll need someone to measure two locations (nameplate bottom edge to the edge of the fender, nameplate front edge to the wheel well) to properly position the nameplates. Place a level piece of painter's tape on the fender to orient the nameplate on it's bottom edge and mark the tape where the front edge should lie, and you're set. Don't forget to thoroughly clean the mounting location with isopropyl alcohol to ensure proper adhesion.

You don't need to string a line from the center of the wheel, it's position relative to the garage floor or surface of the driveway slope won't change unless the car is inverted.

CC :wave:

Last edited:
Thanks...I have the badges. But my point is this, the car is not level simply due to the fact that the garage slopes an inch every 4 feet or so. If I level the badges, I am leveling the the badges and sticking them to a car that is at an angle. That's why in my mind, running a string from wheel to wheel against the body of the car establishes the slope of the car and the gives the proper angle to put the tape on the body...and then set the badges properly. Make sense? If the car was at a 30 degree angle I wouldn't want to use a level to put the badges on...right? I need to establish the angle of the body.

Here you go

Attachments

• 2016-10-11 16.07.jpg
    2016-10-11 16.07.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 246

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC