Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Finally own an XLR and Wow what a ride!

XLR&XKE

My XLR/V(s)
Neiman Marcus 098/101
My first post here with XLR. It is great to see the following and support this site is doing for the XLR owners. Great site it has a good deal of devoted XLR enthusiasts.

I was able to find this clean low mileage Neiman Marcus edition 098/101 at a dealer in Virginia. We did some homework with help and advise from this website. My wife fell in love with the purple color and style and sight unseen we made the purchase 11/23/15. This car is amazing to drive, it is so smooth yet responsive.

This car will be our second classic in Michigan, we also have a 69 XKE that is a 4 speed which my wife is afraid to drive. The XLR is perfect for her. We love the hard top convertible the performance and luxury.

We are preparing to leave for Florida and put the cars away till spring. Are there any tips on how to winterize/store the XLR for several months? A main concern is the battery, do we disconnect, put on a trickle charge on a timer or something else?

Thanks for your help,
Darrell

Congratulations! You're going to really enjoy it.

Welcome to the club. Pretty sure you DON'T want to disconnect the battery. Use a trickle charger. You can find LOTS of information on this site about battery issues when disconnected or even low charges. Do a search on winterizing.

Love that Jag. Gorgeous car.

Welcome!

As special as all of our XLRs are, that Neiman Marcus Edition is even more special!

You must really love convertibles!

Nice collection. :thumbsup

Welcome to the forum. Love your cars and especially the Neiman Marcus and the XKE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to The Forum

Please post pictures when you can. We used to live in Wisconsin and then later Minnesota back in the day, and escaped winter to Florida a few times. :) Now we escape Colorado every winter for a while to Arizona. Maybe we should just get smart and move? Right now we have been digging out from a blizzard that hit this past weekend. Two feet of snow and 50 mph winds. :(

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom