stereo volume goes up and down

willyway

My XLR/V(s)
2009 Cadillac XLR
The volume for the stereo goes up and down as we drive. I was told that it
might be due to a speed sensitive volume feature. Does the XLR have this
feature? How do I turn it off?

Thanks

not that I noticed, but it does change when top is put down. So maybe a switch in the top mechanism someplace.

From Owner's Manual AVC or Automatic Volume Control

Preset Selection: Here you can program the audio system’s presets to recall your home settings by
touching HOME. You can also recall the presets you use when traveling to another area by touching
AWAY. See “Preset Station Menu” later in this section for more information on how to store preset
stations.
The Home and Away feature is not available for the XM™ Satellite Radio source, if equipped.
Display Presets on the Map: With this feature on, your audio system presets for the current audio
source will be displayed on the left of the map screen.
Touch ON to turn this feature on. You may also choose to turn this feature off.

With this feature on, you can recall your preset radio stations from the map screen. You cannot
store preset stations from the map screen. You must do this from
the audio screen. See “Preset Station Menu” later in this section for more information on storing
presets.
Automatic Volume Control (AVC): To use AVC, touch the ON button. AVC automatically adjusts the
volume level of the audio so that it always sounds the same to you. This feature is most effective
at lower volume settings where background noise may be louder than the audio. At high volume
settings there may be little or no change in the audio level. In some cases where
the noise level changes quickly, you may hear the audio level changing. This is normal.
8 (Clock): Touch this screen button to get to the CLOCK ADJUST menu. See “Clock Adjust Menu” later
in this section for more information.

SCREEN ADJUST: To adjust the brightness or contrast of the screen, touch SCREEN ADJUST to display
the screen adjust menu. See “Screen Adjust Menu” later in this section for more information.
SOUND: Touch this screen button to access the Sound menu. See “Sound Menu” later in this section
for
more information.

DSP (Digital Signal Processing): Touch this screen button to access the DSP menu. See “Adjusting
the Speakers” later in this section for more information.

Interesting, didn’t know that. But than again, I replaced my head unit about 10 years ago.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom