Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Fob discontinued

Got the key fob the 2008-09 XLR,s for my 2006 and it works perfect. Cadillac told me it wouldn’t work. They are wrong. Thanks for the information.
I bought a fob on the internet and it wouldn't program.
My buddy checked with some Dealers, and I found one that matches to the last 8 of my Vin, does this make any difference.

Thanks

I see the Bulgari fobs every so often on Ebay, most of them used. You can also get the newer fob that's used by the 2008/2009 cars and they will program perfectly. I know, I have 2 of them. Have your real key cut to the included key with the fob and you'll always have a key to manually unlock the car if needed
Do they always have to look like the Bulgari, or will the oblong, or square work just as well. Found one of those the matches the last 8 of my vin?

Just still curios what you mean by matches the last 8 of your vin. These do not match vins. You can use the Corvette fib on the xlr . the square type with the key inside will work on all models. The older round style won't work on later cars. .

Where is the Fob glove box transmitter pocket? Left side of the Glove box? Thanks
Is in the "glove compartment" left side, on the other side of the storage space "wall" get a light cuz I missed it in the dark

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom