Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Fog Lamp LED

jjsea55

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V, Shale interior
I have an '06 V and want to replace the OEM fog lamps with LEDs from V-LEDs. What is my best avenue for accessing these sockets? Can I pop the outer lens or must it be accessed from the rear?

Also, has anyone replaced their under hood lamp with a LED? If so, which lamp was used?

Courtesy, floor well and trunk LEDs look great!

Thanks! Jeff

There is a complete slide show available on this forum on how to work on these lights.

I have HIDs to make them look like the main lamps

Bob

Thanks for the reply. So, I take from your response that the ONLY access for a bulb swap is from the rear, such as for the HID install... ?

It's easy, turn the tires all the way to the right or left, pull the three push pins at the lip of the fender and you can reach in there and change them by hand without doing anything else. I put V-LEDs in mine, they don't put out much light, but the 5,000K version matches the HID's color pretty well.

One of mine went out within two weeks They sent me a replacement but it must be a 6,000K because now it doesn't match the other one. Now I have to try and get another 5,000K. I hope the overall reliability is better than what I have experienced as they don't have much warranty and they are not cheap.

Ya know... got to thinking about the actual light output and reliability issues and decided to go the HID route. I like the LEDs in the interior and trunk, but felt that the added output would serve me better up front. Now to see if V-LEDs will take the fog LEDs back :rolleyes:

I'd like to replace my under hood light with an LED. If anyone has done this or has a source/part number, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom