Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Folding part of trunk stuck when I put top down.

just_l1981

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR-V
Okay I will explain this the best I can. When I go to put the top down it goes into the trunk perfectly fine but the folding part of the trunk that sits under the main part of the trunk won't fold out at all. Does anyone have a solotion for this?
IMG_20230813_163744511_HDR.jpg

You are going to need a tech two to determine the problem. Either the position sensor on the top panel is bad not allowing it to go to the next step. The trunk may be dropping down too far. There's just a bunch of things this can be. Its not an easy fix with the tools and being there in person. Is there anything under the top panel ? So will the close button put the top back up? Could be a bad control module, could be a sticking solinoid. Does the pump stop running while you hold the button and the top folds into the trunk?

You are going to need a tech two to determine the problem. Either the position sensor on the top panel is bad not allowing it to go to the next step. The trunk may be dropping down too far. There's just a bunch of things this can be. Its not an easy fix with the tools and being there in person. Is there anything under the top panel ? So will the close button put the top back up? Could be a bad control module, could be a sticking solinoid. Does the pump stop running while you hold the button and the top folds into the trunk?
Yes the top will go back up, and the top looks like it is where it should be when it is down, and pump continues to run if I hold the switch.

If the motor runs but does not move the tonneau under the deck lid, you have a bad solenoid or a damaged hose or cylinder to the tonneau. Try pulling It down from under the deck lid. There's videos showing how to do it.iIm assuming you checked the basics like fluid level.

Well I can't get to it until the weekend but the fluid is full, however when it comes to the part to move the tonneau it sounds like plastic gears are slipping.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom