Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Front end bug protector

James Landi

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 (red) with wire grrile
I was reminded several days ago, just how messy the front end of a car can be with thousands of dead bugs smashed on the front of my sister-in-law's suv---she and her husband having escaped from the Florida hurricane. Did a bit of research, and note here that clear vinyl appliques that are pre cut for xlr's are available.... even if I were inclined to stick something on the various finishes that are represented on thefront end of the car, our radiators are still ingesting a bunch of clogging dead debris on the soft aluminum fins of the radiator. So, I'm looking for advice--- James

Hi,
Good afternoon from the Lake of the Ozarks. Just another great day in Paradise. I guess if you are going to drive em you will have bugs. I use Lucas detail wax in the blue squirt container and it wipes the bugs right off if you get them while they are fresh.... and makes them come off really easy when you do a full wash. Every time I wash the XLR I flush the radiator front to back and back to front with the hose.. Seems to keep it pretty clean. Have a great day and don't let a few bugs keep you off the road.
F

hope its not love bugs

if it is , they turn to concrete after they dissolve and melt into the paint. I say a MB owner spraying pam on the hood and they just washed off.

After 3 driving trips from Michigan to Wyoming and South Dakota I carry a lot of change for the manual car wash, get a couple bottles of the spray on bug off, and always plan on washing the car last thing before hitting the hotel at night.

End up washing the care every day, but it's OK, it deserves it.

It's a pain, but if you do this it's not to hard to clean off.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom