GM Extends Supercharger Warranty On 2009 -2013 Cadillac CTS-V

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
attachment.php

The Car Connection has reported that GM has found a problem with the supercharger on select 2009 - 2013 Cadillac CTS-Vs.

On affected vehicles, the supercharger may not perform as designed, resulting in contamination of the unit's internal bearing shaft grease. When the problem is present, a rattle can be heard emanating from the engine at idle; slight acceleration above idle will cause it to go away.

If left uncorrected, contamination of the internal shaft bearing grease will accelerate into bearing failure, resulting in a loud squeal, then possible catastrophic engine damage or a no-start condition.

On affected vehicles, GM dealers will replace the supercharger at no charge.

For further information you can contact GM at 1-800-458-8006. You can also contact your local dealer with your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) to determine if your vehicle is affected.

Source: GM Extends Supercharger Warranty On Chevy Camaro, Cadillac CTS-V

Attachments

• lxa supercharger lowersmall.jpg
    lxa supercharger lowersmall.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,488
Great find! I hope EVERYONE with a V gets a new unit. GM doesn't pass out new things very often.

Glad I haven't done my pulley swap yet. My CTS-V has started getting the rattling noise in the last month or so. Was going to swap pulley for more boost and put in solid isolator, which supposedly is the fix for the rattling. Now I'll just go in and get a new supercharger!

Glad I haven't done my pulley swap yet. My CTS-V has started getting the rattling noise in the last month or so. Was going to swap pulley for more boost and put in solid isolator, which supposedly is the fix for the rattling. Now I'll just go in and get a new supercharger!

Hi Cubby558,
I’m sorry you have been experiencing a rattling noise over the past month. I see you are considering going into the dealership to see if this rattling noise is correlated to the supercharger special coverage. Do you need help setting up that appointment? If so, I would be happy to assist you! I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks for the offer. My dealership is just down the street from me and I am personal friends with the owner, so I don't have an issue getting an appointment.

Hi Cubby558,
I’m sorry you have been experiencing a rattling noise over the past month. I see you are considering going into the dealership to see if this rattling noise is correlated to the supercharger special coverage. Do you need help setting up that appointment? If so, I would be happy to assist you! I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks for the offer. My dealership is just down the street from me and I am personal friends with the owner, so I don't have an issue getting an appointment.

Hello cubby558,

You are more than welcome. Thanks for letting us know. We are always happy to assist our customers anyway that we can, so don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com if needed.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Now if we could just get the breaking shift cable issue addressed for our XLR's as was done for the Saturns ...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom