Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

GMPP vs CPO

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
Just to let you know ..... and if anyone has any different experience with this, please let me know ....

If you have a CPO vehicle ..... you cannot purchase a GMPP at the end of it.

I just tried .... again.:pat:

Just to let you know ..... and if anyone has any different experience with this, please let me know ....

If you have a CPO vehicle ..... you cannot purchase a GMPP at the end of it.

I just tried .... again.:pat:

I don't think that is correct, my 2006 XLR was a CPO and I had no problem purchasing a GMPP Major Guard extended warranty. I purchased my GMPP Major Guard warranty through Capital GMC here in Richmond, VA, it was purchased with 1 week left on my CPO warranty. It may be that they are no longer covering the 2004 model year.
:cool:

I don't think that is correct, my 2006 XLR was a CPO and I had no problem purchasing a GMPP Major Guard extended warranty. I purchased my GMPP Major Guard warranty through Capital GMC here in Richmond, VA, it was purchased with 1 week left on my CPO warranty. It may be that they are no longer covering the 2004 model year.

True ... you can not let your CPO end and then purchase GMPP .... sorry, if I didn't state that more clearly ... GMPP can be extended and will cover a 2004 if they are currently covered ...

Anybody else have an ended CPO and then bought coverage????

True ... you can not let your CPO end and then purchase GMPP .... sorry, if I didn't state that more clearly ... GMPP can be extended and will cover a 2004 if they are currently covered ...

Anybody else have an ended CPO and then bought coverage????

OK.....that is true.
You could go 3rd. party....may not be as extensive as a GMPP extended warranty.

I would do that ....
Anyone have any actual experience with one of those??

My good friend is the GM at Coggin Nissan at the Avenues in Jacksonville, FL. He took my 2005 off my hands and sold it to someone else and also sold the 3rd party warranty. My 2005 had 99k on it. I will check with him this weekend and see what he sold and his experience with them. We will give me the real deal answer.

Sully

follow up:

He said they use: http://www.jmagroup.com/default.aspx which is owned by a group of South Easy Toyota Franchise owners and a good group.

If you want me to put you in touch with him to find out more just PM - I coach his son in football and have done many deals with him. I can vouch for him.

Sully

I am going to take you up on your offer! Would you mind sending me his name and number - If you don't feel like posting it I would appreciate the PM. This would be a great thing to post on the forum, because as the cars become older there are going to be new owner's coming aboard who will need this to help maintain these expensive little machines!

Thanks for reading my post!! :)

follow up:

He said they use: http://www.jmagroup.com/default.aspx which is owned by a group of South Easy Toyota Franchise owners and a good group.

If you want me to put you in touch with him to find out more just PM - I coach his son in football and have done many deals with him. I can vouch for him.

Sully

I would like his name & number as well... if you would PM me I would appreciate it. Or, as RA said, I'm sure others would appreciate a post of his name & number.

GMPP question

Does the GMPP end at 100,00 miles or 7 years?

Jim .... Hi! LONG time no see or hear from! Hope you are well!

I talked to this guy from Black Cadillac he was another recommendation from JetBoy (Kent) - he gave me some great information and said he would be happy to have his name number on our website. According to him, the GMPP is very flexible and it's not always a matter of which comes first .. He would be worth talking to.

Allen @ 877-472-9550 ext 302

Don't be a stranger! :wave:

Ruth Ann

I talked to this guy from Black Cadillac he was another recommendation from JetBoy (Kent) - he gave me some great information and said he would be happy to have his name number on our website. According to him, the GMPP is very flexible and it's not always a matter of which comes first .. He would be worth talking to.

Ruth Ann
Thanks for sharing information RA.:D

Speedway :wave:

Ruth Ann

Just as a follow up Allen does know what he is talking about and I purchased my GMPP from him as well. The sooner the better.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom