Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Gone but not forgotten

Agitated Monkey

I have sold my 2005 XLR. It will be missed as I believe it was a great performance luxury sports car. However the concern in the lack of parts prompted my decision. I enjoy the car so much I drive it nearly daily. I’m a true Cadillac man and have owned many and will continue. I will also continue to drop in. Best of luck to all of you!

same here,,, yet I still miss the XLR

I have sold my 2005 XLR. It will be missed as I believe it was a great performance luxury sports car. However the concern in the lack of parts prompted my decision. I enjoy the car so much I drive it nearly daily. I’m a true Cadillac man and have owned many and will continue. I will also continue to drop in. Best of luck to all of you!

I did the same thing last March,,,,same reason (lack of parts),,,,although I never had any problems or issues with the XLR. The absolute best luxury road car I ever owned, and really didn't want to sell it because it was a joy to drive. But also owning a Vette with a surplus of parts available, made the decision to sell much easier.

I did the same thing last March,,,,same reason (lack of parts),,,,although I never had any problems or issues with the XLR. The absolute best luxury road car I ever owned, and really didn't want to sell it because it was a joy to drive. But also owning a Vette with a surplus of parts available, made the decision to sell much easier.[/QUOTE

Same here. Only problem I experienced was shift cable, 1 window regulator and had the taillight rebuilt. Right rear started going out again. Loved the car with no regret. I have a Corvette also and have had 9 of them. As for Cadillac I’ll stick with the large sedans. Looking now at a CT6. My love for Cadillacs and Corvettes was a great match for the XLR. Would love to see Cadillac do it again. Also had an Allante. Maybe on a third attempt Cadillac would sell enough cars to support them. My wife has a 500 SL; XLR to me is a much nicer machine. If I miss it too much I’ll look for another.

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back