Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Good filler/glaze for dark cars

XLRATING

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)
Obscene name but good stuff: Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze. Our slow black XLR had a ton of scratches on the tonneau (scratches aren't a problem on the fast red XLR because it outruns stuff that scratches :chuckle). Not really somewhere where you want to put the pressure you need to buff it out! We put some of this glaze on the tonneau & it looks as good as everything else, & also used it in the door "handle" area. :thumbsup. Not usually a fan of fillers/glazes because they wash off but that's not going to be a problem on the tonneau, & the door opening is small enough it's not a big deal.

PoorBoys also makes a good wheel sealant for painted wheels.

Ya'll know I'm almost a Zaino fanatic, but the Z-5 works wonders for light swirls and scratches. Best part it's part of the Zaino system and won't just wash/wear off like most waxes. It's perfect to use between times when you have to use an actual swirl remover.

Ya'll know I'm almost a Zaino fanatic, but the Z-5 works wonders for light swirls and scratches. Best part it's part of the Zaino system and won't just wash/wear off like most waxes. It's perfect to use between times when you have to use an actual swirl remover.

You know I'm with you on that! That's what we use on all our cars, generally causing people to think they're brand new when they're 5+ years old. Unfortunately, the black XLR paint was beyond "light swirls & scratches" when we got it & needed a lot of "correction." Once the correction got done, it's been Zainoed all the way. However, the tonneau & door pockets weren't buffer friendly AND were beyond Zaino, so we went with something that could fill more.

Have you tried Z8? Even though I'm a Zaino fan I thought the claims made for that were bogus, but it really does make the darker colors look fantastic, especially black. Hard to see much difference on lighter colors though.

After every wash I use Z-6. After 4 washes or so, I spray it down with Z-8. They say you can dilute Z-8 50-50 with filtered water but I haven't tried that yet.
My detailing cabinet has:
  • Z-18 Clay Bar
  • Z-AIO
  • Z- ZFX Activator
  • Z-CS Clear Seal
  • Z-2 Show Car Polish
  • Z-6 Gloss Enhancer
  • Z-8 Grand Finale Spray
  • Z-9 Leather Spray Cleaner
  • Z-10 Leather in a bottle
  • Z-12 Glass Polish
  • Z-16 Tire Gloss

If you haven't, read this post on Autopia. (Auto detailing forum) This procedure is one I've been using since I read it first in 2012.

Great Tip For Zaino Users: Mixing Zaino Clear Seal and Z6/Z8!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom