Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

shifter

josua

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Raven Black xlr 2009 sts4
2004 xlr. So I go for a ride, everything works great. I pull in the driveway, put it in reverse and back up. No problem. Put it in drive, shifter moves to drive, but the transmission is still in reverse. No matter where I move the shifter, the tranny's still in reverse. ON top of this, the top's down. Can't put it up unless its in park. Plus, once you shut it off, you can't restart it because its not in park. Is this because of the shift cable? If so, is all this under the car or is the front of the cable inside of the car under the console? Any advice? $650.00 on ebay used. What a crock of xxxx.

It's likely the shifter bushing went bad at the shifter or at the transmission. Search c6 corvette shifter bushing on YouTube for how to replace them and where they are. You can find them at autozone and oreillys. In the mean time, u can manually shift the tranny to park from beneath if you can jack the car up.

Well I just posted on another link and the person I bought the vehicle from linked me to this. I gave my son my other 2005 XLR and it has a happy home, albeit some problems, I didn't address but informed him beforehand and would fund his ongoing remedial process, which brings me to this page and will keep you updated as I flounder
Long story short, bought another 2005 XLR and fortunately the car made it home without any issues.
Then in so doing to park in the garage, nothing it died, pushed into stall, next day started (contacted owner-installed negative by pass switch to start), but acted like was in reverse slipping a clutch and not engaging in other gears or park.
So will keep updated on progress! Thought this car would be bulletproof, but surely another hi maintenance model like my older Porshe 924 Turbo of yesteryears. A Love- Hate episode that will pass please, lol!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom