Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Greetings From American Car Craft

Application Guide Issues

Thank you very much, you all rock.

Today we'll be adding interior and exterior parts to the site. So expect to see the center dash trim pieces (upper and lower) as well as the exhaust filler panel.

Nice job, but your descriptions need to be reviewed.

There are differences in the exhaust, for example, between the pre-2009 and the 2009 model, so I don't see how the filler piece could fit an '09 model. Also, the "early" XLRs had a different console lower trim piece than the later models, to accommodate a passenger airbag indicator, which was moved to the mirror on later models.

BTW, I vote to drop the Cadillac insignia on the interior trim. but like the rest of it.

Tim

There are differences in the exhaust, for example, between the pre-2009 and the 2009 model, so I don't see how the filler piece could fit an '09 model. Also, the "early" XLRs had a different console lower trim piece than the later models, to accommodate a passenger airbag indicator, which was moved to the mirror on later models.

BTW, I vote to drop the Cadillac insignia on the interior trim. but like the rest of it.

Tim

Tim this is great info, I'll bring it to the designers' attention ASAP!

Are there online installation instructions available? I'm considering the interior console panels but am concerned about installation.

OK I'll sit down with one of the designers tomorrow and see what can be done. Any requests?

Polished door sill plates with cadillac in black or xenon blue cursive?:cool: They could be alot longer than the stock IMO.

Last edited:

Tim

Tim,

We're going to update our fitment years based on your suggestion. Do you happen to know if by "early" you mean pre 2004 or could it be a scenario where a part was updated during the 04 production? Also, the Cadillac insignia was on this project car when we got it. Is it not standard? We'll update our designs if that's the case. We appreciate the assistance!

Are there online installation instructions available? I'm considering the interior console panels but am concerned about installation.

Added two sets of instructions to the center console. One is preparation, start there if you've been using any kind of Armor All or any silicon based products on the console. The other is the general peel and stick instructions since there is no hardware. If you need, we also can put you in contact with the designer/installer of our products and he will talk you through it so you can be assured you'll have an expert installation.

We will always tell you if we think you should hire a professional for an install.

2004 was the first production model year (they started making them in late 2003). I have a 2006 model, so I can't provide you pic's of the 2004 (and 2005???) console, with the passenger airbag indicator, but I seem to remember it as being between the TC and top rocker switches. One of you folks with a 2004-2005 model please feel free to pitch in here. :dunno:

You can browse the garages section on this site to see if there are pic's of the pre-2006 interiors. I've never seen one with the insignia; it was probably an add-on for your project car. Kinda gaudy, IMO.

Tim

Tim,

We're going to update our fitment years based on your suggestion. Do you happen to know if by "early" you mean pre 2004 or could it be a scenario where a part was updated during the 04 production? Also, the Cadillac insignia was on this project car when we got it. Is it not standard? We'll update our designs if that's the case. We appreciate the assistance!

I understand these pieces go over the existing panels and are peel and stick. I'm wondering about the look/fit on the edges, any pics?. You may also consider the matching door panels for a consistent look.

I understand these pieces go over the existing panels and are peel and stick. I'm wondering about the look/fit on the edges, any pics?. You may also consider the matching door panels for a consistent look.

M110563619.jpg

The above picture is the best example of the edges. When you're seated in the vehicle or standing outside of it you cannot see any sign of the original console that the piece is covering. It doesn't stick out unnecessarily.

So now the question is, was it (it being the Cadillac Insignia on the dash) an aftermarket add on or is it something that exists on the XLR-V?

Sorry, I'm not following your question. In this picture, 2005 (therefore a base model since Vs were not made until 2006) The only Cadillac Crest I see is the image on the radio. Can you be more specific?

Sorry, I'm not following your question. In this picture, 2005 (therefore a base model since Vs were not made until 2006) The only Cadillac Crest I see is the image on the radio. Can you be more specific?

I'm saying the car we worked on was an XLR-V so I'm wondering if the insignia was only put on the V models or if it was an aftermarket add-on.

I can answer your question if you tell me what insignia? Where was it located?

Lower center console, image below. In the other images I've seen what looks to be a 3rd button of some sort where the insignia is here.

M109591021.jpg

Lower center console, image below. In the other images I've seen what looks to be a 3rd button of some sort where the insignia is here.

View attachment 4383

That was NOT OEM and is an aftermarket install. In that same location on 2004-2005 models is an indicator lamp for the passenger airbag. The air bag lamp was moved to the rearview mirror on 2006 and later models, therefore ALL V models (see my earlier posted picture of a 2005.

HTH

Follow this link for the picture
2005 Cadillac XLR - Crimson Pearl - Cadillac XLR Net Photo Gallery - Cadillac XLR | XLR-V Photos | Pics

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back