Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Greetings From American Car Craft

I have an '04 XLR....

I have an '04 XLR and outside of the emblem on the steering wheel there are no more Cadillac insignias inside the vehicle. Phrede posted a pic of an '05 which is identical to the '04. On the '04 and "05 models the space between the 2 console switches is where they placed the air bag light. For 2006 and after the light was relocated to the bottom of the review mirror.

I like the look of the one you all have already so I hope you don't change it but for the '04 and '05 there needs to be a opening that reveals the air bag light.
Sparkle (14).jpg

Lower center console, image below. In the other images I've seen what looks to be a 3rd button of some sort where the insignia is here.

View attachment 4383

Last edited:
That was NOT OEM and is an aftermarket install. In that same location on 2004-2005 models is an indicator lamp for the passenger airbag. The air bag lamp was moved to the rearview mirror on 2006 and later models, therefore ALL V models (see my earlier posted picture of a 2005.

HTH

Follow this link for the picture
2005 Cadillac XLR - Crimson Pearl - Cadillac XLR Net Photo Gallery - Cadillac XLR | XLR-V Photos | Pics

OK makes sense now. I'll update the page to state that the indicator light will be covered up. We won't be able to fix it till we can get an XLR in here without the extra emblem, but once we do we can adjust the design accordingly. Thank you very much for your assistance Phrede.

I have an '04 XLR and outside of the emblem on the steering wheel there are no more Cadillac insignias inside the vehicle. Phrede posted a pic of his '05 which is identical to the '04. On the '04 and "05 models the space between the 2 console switches is where they placed the air bag light. For 2006 and after the light was relocated to the bottom of the review mirror.

I like the look of the one you all have already so I hope you don't change it but for the '04 and '05 there needs to be a opening that reveals the air bag light.
View attachment 4384

Just for clarity..... The picture I supplied was not my car. It was a 2005 found in the Gallery section here on XLR-net.com. I own a 2008 XLR-V.

Something to consider. The lower console surface is prone to nicks and dings. Something that covers the entire area may be more desirable.

OK Gang. We're launching the engine bay dress up parts this week but I need to get a Fuse box cover fabricated for pictures since the one from our project car needs to undergo licensing approval.

So what do you want to see more, a polished stainless steel fuse box cover or a perforated one? You'll have the option for the less popular one but I can only order 1 to be made for photos.

/insert poll here.

OK Gang. We're launching the engine bay dress up parts this week but I need to get a Fuse box cover fabricated for pictures since the one from our project car needs to undergo licensing approval.

So what do you want to see more, a polished stainless steel fuse box cover or a perforated one? You'll have the option for the less popular one but I can only order 1 to be made for photos.

/insert poll here.

FWIW, the copyright on both the "XLR" and the silhouette have expired and licensing is not required. Just a heads up to your legal beagles. The silhouette is popular.

I vote for polished.

Polished as well.....

FWIW, the copyright on both the "XLR" and the silhouette have expired and licensing is not required. Just a heads up to your legal beagles. The silhouette is popular.

I vote for polished.

By silhouette do you mean this?
attachment.php?attachmentid=2785&d=1366282569.jpg

Also, the polished votes win.

Last edited:
Just an FYI - American Car Craft - you've received a few weeks worth of good, free advertising here. Considering our Terms of Service as it pertains to businesses coming here to advertise for free, I don't usually allow that.

It cost money every month to run the server that this web site lives on, as well as software update costs, etc., and we do have a Supporting Vendor program.

At this point, if you would like to continue to advertise here - please take a look at this page and contact us for rates:

Cadillac XLR Net | Advertising

Just an FYI - American Car Craft - you've received a few weeks worth of good, free advertising here. Considering our Terms of Service as it pertains to businesses coming here to advertise for free, I don't usually allow that.

It cost money every month to run the server that this web site lives on, as well as software update costs, etc., and we do have a Supporting Vendor program.

At this point, if you would like to continue to advertise here - please take a look at this page and contact us for rates:

I wish I had known sooner that they were not yet authorized.

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the link, we've submitted a request for sponsorship.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom