Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Greetings from Crown Point, Indiana

Caddyman

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Blue Steel
Just purchased a 2006 Steel Blue XLR with 24K miles. Looking forward to some top down time as it is my first convertible. Weather cooperate!

Welcome to the club!!! Hope you enjoy may years of topless motoring!!! [emoji267][emoji41][emoji267]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey love that color! Welcome! Enjoy your new to you Topless Ride [emoji6][emoji1303]

Congrats on your new purchase. Where to did you find it. I know two people in A 60 mile area of Crown Point that own that color. Maybe one of them sold their beauty! Btw, my business is in Schererville on Route 41 and if the weather starts cooperating, you will see my '06 Red V sitting out front!

You found the best XLR site on the internet!

Just purchased a 2006 Steel Blue XLR with 24K miles. Looking forward to some top down time as it is my first convertible. Weather cooperate!

Welcome Caddyman...

Welcome to the family... Everyone here absolutely loves our XLR's and if you can't find the answers you'll need in here they just haven't invented it yet....lol. Congrats on the purchase of your new baby. Like ours I'm sure she'll bring years of fun and enjoyment.

Welcome..my first top down ride as well ..and what a ride..best place to be....

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Found my 2006 Steel Blue at Jabaay Motors in Merrillville, Indiana. It is in great cosmetic condition with only a few minor issues. Hope it stays that way! Thanks for all the new member welcome greetings.

Found my 2006 Steel Blue at Jabaay Motors in Merrillville, Indiana. It is in great cosmetic condition with only a few minor issues. Hope it stays that way! Thanks for all the new member welcome greetings.

Hope you picked up a good aftermarket warranty. It's not cheap, but mine has paid out almost 3x what I paid for it. Shocks alone were almost $5K!

Thanks for all the welcomes and help. Any of you in the Chicago/Northwest Indiana have a trusted mechanic/shop who knows our cars or a Cadillac dealer with an XLR certified technician?

Hope you picked up a good aftermarket warranty. It's not cheap, but mine has paid out almost 3x what I paid for it. Shocks alone were almost $5K!

I'll 2nd this quote, when I bought Roxy in March of 2011 it was finance through Wells Fargo and offered a Aftermarket Warranty with Route 66 for 100k miles or 5 years.... it cost $1800. Well I think if I get all the receipts out and add them up I'd bet it was over $3000! They definitely lost money!!!
I'm sure if they knew what it's costing them to pay the repair bills on an XLR it may be a different price.
I purchased from another company last year it's cost is $111.00 for 2 Years. Coverage is 100,000 miles from original miles of purchase, as mines covered to 192k or 5 years which ever comes first, and it's 100 deductible but of what they pay they pay 100% and of course it does not cover bumper to bumper everything ...... LOL and as usual nothing considered regular maintenance, shocks, tire and such.
The company I used this time was
Palmer Admininstative Services
1-800-839-7940

I use the Cadillac dealer my hometown in Illinois, but I would think Schepel Cadillac in Merrillville would be a good first start.

Thanks for all the welcomes and help. Any of you in the Chicago/Northwest Indiana have a trusted mechanic/shop who knows our cars or a Cadillac dealer with an XLR certified technician?

Welcome Aboard

I agree, nice color. :cool: Welcome to The XLR Club. Fun vehicles. I was looking forward to start cruising again after a mishap (my stupidity). Got in the drivers seat with a combination wrench (open end up) and tore the driver's seat bolster, now professionally reupholstered. Oops. :( But will not be doing any top down driving for a few more days. It is presently 21* and has been snowing for the past three days. We have about a foot (12") of the white stuff, again. So baby is under her soft car cover in the garage once more.

Welcome!

It's going to be 92* here in LA tomorrow. [emoji267][emoji41][emoji267]

Like that does me any good? : )

It's going to be 92* here in LA tomorrow. [emoji267][emoji41][emoji267]

Uh huh. So rub it in already. : ) Hey I have to look at the bright side I guess. We get three months of summer, 'usually'. June, July and August. Except on one occasion some years back I took my son to a mountain lake (12000 ft. above sea level) for some fishing in mid June. Set up camp late afternoon. In the morning we woke up to 18" of snow. We packed up and left, immediately. --- Today it hit 72* here, but is again to turn cold over the weekend.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom