Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Grinding in front

Tbirdusa

This seems to happen only in the first 10 minutes of driving the car. When turning hard to the left, I'm getting a grinding noise out of the front right wheel area. It sounds alot like when my front wheel drive car had a bad CV joint.
I'm having a bad feeling it is a wheel bearing. Car just turned 30,000 so it seems hard to believe an 05 would lose a wheel bearing.

There are no marks on wheel wells that show a rubbing. Could it be something in hung up with the disc brake system?

I'm actually getting the same noise in the front right wheel well also. I recently did a front brake job on the XLR and I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow morning and see if anything is catching or seizing. I do know for a fact that my tires are a touch big and do rub when turning tight so I will see if that is the problem if not then I guess it's time for the GM dealer.

maybe a diagnosis

Well, it ain't the front. It's the differential. There was a service bulletin to change to a different rear end fluid so it's getting changed today.

God I'm praying hard to you that it'll fix it. I can't even imagine what a rear end (out of warranty) would cost me on this car.

Other squeek is a dry rear control arm bushing. They gave it a shot of WD and said give it a while and it should work into the area and stop that squeek.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom