Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Group purchase of upper headlight lens 200$ or less

mickeytee

Seasoned Member
Ok. I have sent off one side to have a prototype made. The cost for group members who sign up for the first 10 will be around 200. My price for the mold and tooling will be 1000$ plus about 100$ each for a run of 15. Then a new mold has to be made So I am thinking about 180-200 shipped. So let me know if you are interested. They will make 1 for my approval and I am very picky . so once that is done I will need to turn the green light on. If I have enough interest I will proceed. If I do it on my own of course then I am going to want a profit. They will be around 300 each. Just letting you know up front. I will be looking for the other side light to buy to have a good lens to make the mold from.
So lets see if this is a "group" of owners or not and what the interest really is .
Thanks

well I see they moved this listing over to a location where no one will find it. So I will give it a little while but then will pass on spending my money to help the community

Ok. I have sent off one side to have a prototype made. The cost for group members who sign up for the first 10 will be around 200. My price for the mold and tooling will be 1000$ plus about 100$ each for a run of 15. Then a new mold has to be made So I am thinking about 180-200 shipped. So let me know if you are interested. They will make 1 for my approval and I am very picky . so once that is done I will need to turn the green light on. If I have enough interest I will proceed. If I do it on my own of course then I am going to want a profit. They will be around 300 each. Just letting you know up front. I will be looking for the other side light to buy to have a good lens to make the mold from.
So lets see if this is a "group" of owners or not and what the interest really is .
Thanks

I’m assuming you are referring to the internal lens that yellows? How about an external lens also so we could work up a complete rebuild on the headlights?

well I see they moved this listing over to a location where no one will find it. So I will give it a little while but then will pass on spending my money to help the community

Count me in. I sent you a PM with contact info.

I'd be interested if this included the outer lense as well...

thats the reason I did not proceed with this a long time ago. to get o the inner you need to remove the outer .So it would be great to replace it at the same time. The outer is a much more involved project that I am afaraid will cost slose to what people are asking for used headlights. I think the used ones will come down in the next few months as there are plenty of them out there and none really selling

Thanks

Put me down for 5 @ $200 each.

ebay listing

ok .I have the right lens in process and should have them ready to ship in a couple of weeks.
On ebay I have a listing for 1$ that will put you on the list. If you area member of the community here you can just contact me without the purchase. I made that listing to see if others that do not read the forums are also interested. The price here will be the discounted price of 175.00

Photo of new XLR headlight inner lens. Fits all models 2004 -2009 | eBay

Last edited:
Thanks
Mike received the message r/lite I will take care of this I will contact you please save for me jerz thanks so much

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks
Mike please give me a shout on the part right side light I don't want to lose this will do anything to make it right thanks jerz...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back