Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Has anyone had a TSB performed for sqeeling from motor?

cam99

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR
My XLR is at the dealership and they are doing a repair because after about 5 minutes it starts squeeling like crazy. I first thought it was an altenator, as did the dealership, but then they determined it was related to a TSB that covered sqeeling because of pully mis-allignment. Any one else have this problem?

Many have had this problem. It's a pain to fix; it took the dealer 2 attempts to get it corrected.

It is NOT an easy fix, but it is possible. Be patient with your tech if it doesn't get fixed correctly the first time.

They have already had it longer than expected, which is ironic, because the whole time it was sitting in my garage it rained, now that its been sunny its at the dealership. Lovely. What happens to it to cause the mis allignment? They weren't real helpful explaining the problem

cam99,

Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
Caron, Cadillac Customer Service

My XLR is at the dealership and they are doing a repair because after about 5 minutes it starts squeeling like crazy. I first thought it was an altenator, as did the dealership, but then they determined it was related to a TSB that covered sqeeling because of pully mis-allignment. Any one else have this problem?

cam99,

Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,

I will do that. It was supposed to be today, (bumped from last week), but they said a part is on national backorder and didn't come in. So Thursday. I hope so.

but then they determined it was related to a TSB that covered sqeeling because of pully mis-allignment. Any one else have this problem?

Maybe Cadillac Tech could post the TSB for this problem.

I was just checking in with you to see if you have any new information. Hope the part came in that you were waiting on.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

I will do that. It was supposed to be today, (bumped from last week), but they said a part is on national backorder and didn't come in. So Thursday. I hope so.

I actually just drove it home from the dealer. Motor is quiet as can be now. I'm very happy....just wish it was sunny

i don't actually know, lol. I was b.s.ing with them when I picked it up and never did ask. They were doing it no charge because I just bought two cars from them a few months ago, and another next week!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom