Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Having a hard time finding 20 in chrome for an 06 v series

J

jah2010

I just bought a 06 xlr v and was hoping to upgrade to a 20 in chrome wheel that is not a fortune cant seem to find any .anyone know of a brand of wheel that fits the v ? any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just bought a 06 xlr v and was hoping to upgrade to a 20 in chrome wheel that is not a fortune cant seem to find any .anyone know of a brand of wheel that fits the v ? any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have had 20's on both of my XLRs. There are tons of 20 chrome wheels that fit them. Go to any of the main wheel sites and you should be able to put in your car info and it will show you all of your options. I bought my most recent set from www.wheelsnext.com

Enjoy the car!!
Casey

I may be in the market soon as well. What rim width, offset and tire size is everyone using? I am wanting to stay away from Run Flats. I can't say that I have much of a preference of 20" over 19" wheels except for tire availability.

Tire preference so far Mich. Pilot SS (255/35-20 or 275/30-20 Rear, 235/35-20 Front) or Bridgestone Potenza RE11 the same sizes. But I am still shopping.

Is the clearance really so close that 235 is the max on the front? I prefer not to have rubber outside the wheel well.

I may be in the market soon as well. What rim width, offset and tire size is everyone using? I am wanting to stay away from Run Flats. I can't say that I have much of a preference of 20" over 19" wheels except for tire availability.

Tire preference so far Mich. Pilot SS (255/35-20 or 275/30-20 Rear, 235/35-20 Front) or Bridgestone Potenza RE11 the same sizes. But I am still shopping.

Is the clearance really so close that 235 is the max on the front? I prefer not to have rubber outside the wheel well.

I have rubber outside the wheel well. I like the look of it, but it is not for everyone.

My specs:

20 x 8.5
20 x 10

245/40/20
275/35/20

I went with Status Knight wheels and Kumho tires.

I am very happy with everyone I got items from
www.wheelsnext.com
www.brakeperformance.com

I bought the tires locally and had that shop install everything, including my painted rotors, drilled calipers, etc..

Thanks for the info i have been told that the xlr and xlr-v have different fitment because of the larger brake caliper on the v series so i am still researching it with your current setup do you have any rubbing ? because that's the set up i am looking for. thanks

I have rubber outside the wheel well. I like the look of it, but it is not for everyone.

My specs:

20 x 8.5
20 x 10

245/40/20
275/35/20

I went with Status Knight wheels and Kumho tires.

I am very happy with everyone I got items from
www.wheelsnext.com
www.brakeperformance.com

I bought the tires locally and had that shop install everything, including my painted rotors, drilled calipers, etc..

Thanks, and right the rubber outside the fender is a personal preference.

Do you know your wheel offsets?

i was told 66 is the offset on the v series but not 100 % sure on that all i know is that it is high

Thanks, and right the rubber outside the fender is a personal preference.

Do you know your wheel offsets?

I can't remember my offset. I'll look and see if I can find it.

Thanks for the info i have been told that the xlr and xlr-v have different fitment because of the larger brake caliper on the v series so i am still researching it with your current setup do you have any rubbing ? because that's the set up i am looking for. thanks

wheelsnext has a section for the XLR-v. Any wheel in that section will work on your car.

I do get a little rub in the front if I hit a large dip, when going very fast. It's not often and it doesn't bother me.

You can go to my garage and see the wheels I put on both of mine.

I think the stock wheels on a V are:

<table class="techSpecTable" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="techSpecRow"><td class="techSpecTD1">Construction:</td><td class="techSpecTD2">1-piece</td></tr><tr class="techSpecRow"><td class="techSpecTD1">Rim Diameter:</td><td class="techSpecTD2">19 inches</td></tr><tr class="techSpecRow"><td class="techSpecTD1">Rim Width:</td><td class="techSpecTD2">8.50 inches</td></tr><tr class="techSpecRow"><td class="techSpecTD1">Bolt Pattern (Number of Holes):</td><td class="techSpecTD2">5</td></tr><tr class="techSpecRow"><td class="techSpecTD1">Bolt Pattern (Pitch Circle Diameter):</td><td class="techSpecTD2">120.65 millimeters</td></tr><tr class="techSpecRow"><td class="techSpecTD1">Offset:</td><td class="techSpecTD2">61 millimeters</td></tr><tr class="techSpecRow"><td class="techSpecTD1">Hub Bore:</td><td class="techSpecTD2">70.30 millimeters</td></tr></tbody></table>

These are my D'Vinci DV50's. 20 x 9 front, 20 x 10 rear
xlrwheels-1-1.jpg

xlrsamsung-7.jpg

xlrwheels-2.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics