Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Headlight issues

Monepit1

My XLR/V(s)
My drivers headlidht is having issues. When it’s on it’ flashes like a strobe. I also notice the drl/turn signal works sometime and sometime it doesn’t. When I turn the headlight off the drl gets brighter. When it’s working. Sounds like a ground or bad connection to me. Gonna tackle it this weekend. Any suggestions where to look?

Dave,

Can't help on the DRL issue, but the strobing headlight is the bulb most likely needs replacing. HID lamps tend to do that at end of life. The bulb is a D1S, available at most auto parts stores. Check the wiring for any possible shorts on the DRL issue would be a good start while you have it apart.

Cubby

My drivers headlidht is having issues. When it’s on it’ flashes like a strobe. I also notice the drl/turn signal works sometime and sometime it doesn’t. When I turn the headlight off the drl gets brighter. When it’s working. Sounds like a ground or bad connection to me. Gonna tackle it this weekend. Any suggestions where to look?

Update. Found a loose connection. Everything working now. Headlight is easy to remove. 10 minute job. Didn't need to remove wheel. Just turn it.

Glad you found it Dave! Cheapest fix ever on an XLR!

Update. Found a loose connection. Everything working now. Headlight is easy to remove. 10 minute job. Didn't need to remove wheel. Just turn it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom