Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

headlights

the one on ebay

The one on ebay for 500 is the same guy. I now offer the same lens but I believe a little clearer for 200 each .I have almost all of them spoken for.

It will be a lot cheaper to do a run from a silicone mold. That is what he did. To scan and make a 3d unit would be higher in my opinion. unless we could use 100 then it would be worth it to make a injection mold and have them made that way. I have a guy going to give me a price on silicone molding them .I have sent him a couple of near perfect ones I made to duplicate. He says he can polish them to optical clear which is over kill for the part. After the mold is made 50 -100 $ each would be tops for material I think. 1000$ mold split 10 ways and then added to cost, I think my early estimates of 200-250 are right in line. Just remember when I tried to do this a year or so ago everyone said 200 was robbing people and basically called me a crook for wanting that much

Does anyone have a 3d scan of the headlight i need one so that i can attempt to make a lens for it

Mickey had a scan made . It was in a program written for a production manufacture. Ithink the cost he told me was about 1000 for the scan. he was going to have some made but the cost of the outer was around 10,00 for a mold and the nabout 1000 each for a minium of 100 to be made . then you have the other side , same cost. good luck. In maybe 5-8 years cost will be down and wages up enough to get it done. If you find a manufacture he may still have that program to loan you at no cost

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom