Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Heated Steering Wheel

A

Animate

I see that a heated steering wheel was available from 2008. I've not driven any car with this option. Does it work well?

I have a heated steering wheel on my '09 DTS and yes it works very well. I also had it on my '06 DTS and my '03 DHS. Living in Colorado I use it a lot and love it. I wish I had it on my XLR but it was not available on the '06.

Thanks, that option sounds quite tempting!

I see that a heated steering wheel was available from 2008. I've not driven any car with this option. Does it work well?

I have a '08 XLR with heated steering wheel. It works well. I tend to have cold hands, so I particularly like the feature. The heater is under the leather portion of the wheel, so it does not heat the top third of the wheel (which is wood). It heats fast, then backs off once the wheel is warm. With lined gloves, I cannot not tell that the heat is on, so for me the heated wheel is only useful for the period of time in the fall and spring when the wheel is cold but I have not started wearing gloves. Between the heater, heated wheel and heated seats, I still have my top down all of the time except when it rains. The heated wheel is a nice feature, but I would not consider it significant when making a buying decision since you can buy a nice set of driving gloves for $15 - 30.

Steve
Atlanta GA
2008, 5K, silver on black, mesh grill, chrome wheels, sway bar

Thanks for the detailed reply!

I presume the heated wheel is an option, rather than a standard feature?

Thanks for the detailed reply!

I presume the heated wheel is an option, rather than a standard feature?

Standard on the 2008 XLR. Also I have it on my 2007 STS, although I think it might have been an option on the STS.

Thanks, I just hope my friends don't see all this talk about heated steering wheels....my credibility as a "sports car" enthusiast will be shot ;-)

HEATED WHEEL

I HAVE THE HEATED WHEEL ON MY 08 I LIKE IT ALSO ON MY 07 STS

The heated wheel may sound silly, but it works great. As mentioned, it was standard on the '08's.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom