Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hello all, my name is Jim

jts442

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Cadillac XLR - Base
Just bought a 2006 Cadillac XLR - base model. Beautiful car, Infrared exterior, Tan interior, well taken care of.
We live in the Tampa Florida area, the car was in Miami. Got it home and found out it needs a radiator. I'm sure most of you in here know that the $100.00 rock auto aftermarket radiators don't have the oil cooler inlets but if you don't already know and need one so make sure you order part #10346017 as I found out the hard way. I was able to find one on Amazon and it's on it's way, so in the garage it sits until it arrives. Looks like an easy fix then I will be able to finally enjoy it. Hope this helps someone. I will attach photos when I can drive it, not a good way to start, I hope it's worth it. lol.

Just bought a 2006 Cadillac XLR - base model. Beautiful car, Infrared exterior, Tan interior, well taken care of.
We live in the Tampa Florida area, the car was in Miami. Got it home and found out it needs a radiator. I'm sure most of you in here know that the $100.00 rock auto aftermarket radiators don't have the oil cooler inlets but if you don't already know and need one so make sure you order part #10346017 as I found out the hard way. I was able to find one on Amazon and it's on it's way, so in the garage it sits until it arrives. Looks like an easy fix then I will be able to finally enjoy it. Hope this helps someone. I will attach photos when I can drive it, not a good way to start, I hope it's worth it. lol.
Welcome, thanks for the info

Curious - how many miles on it?

Jim....was the radiator leaking fluid when you picked it up or is there something else wrong with it.....is that a involved job to replace?...I saw over on Amazon it's about $343......chump change....

Fred's back on the road with a new radiator. Love it.
If anyone notices they have a split tank on their radiator, don't buy the first one you see on Rock Auto, Autozone Advanced Auto etc. Get one per the correct part number 10346017, Factory GM Delco, you will need the radiator with the Power Steering cooler inlets. Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• 20210217_154457_resized.jpg
    20210217_154457_resized.jpg
    718.6 KB · Views: 140
not all the cars have the power steering cooler in the radiator. that why the cheap china ones on ebay are without the cooler .you can actually add a separate cooler and its very easy . A lot cheaper than the delco radiator also made out of the country. the best radiator is the double row aluminum. cheaper, better and the car will run 6-8 degrees cooler in the hot summer. They come with the cooler but with a threaded fitting that just clamps into the hose instead of the snap in quick release. fitting.

Congrats om the car. Mine is also a Infrared color. Best I think. Also had to replace a radiator, but went to a Cadillac Dealer. Bent me over on that one. Worth it though as it is a great car, and I'm sure you will get much enjoyment...:)
Just waiting for nice weather to get Mine out....:)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom