Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hello from BC , Canada

rnrt99

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Black Raven
I finally have my 2005 XLR home a week ago !! Its just amazing !! Great forum to join and I see there is so much info here to learn about . I need to get new tires and was wondering what brand / make / model etc do any of you recommend ? I'm leaning towards the michelin super sports ?

WELCOME!
congrats on your new xlr. lots of info here recently regarding tires. you can do a search.
main consideration is do you want run flats or not.
then decide do you want a higher performance summer tire or a high performance all season tire.
all depends on your plans for the car, only ever go out in the nice weather, then probably go with a good summer tire
rain is ok with a summer tire, but not snow.
if your XLR may see some wintry conditions, then an all season which can handle some slush and snow may be best.

Congratulations on your new acquisition!

What color is it?

Welcome!! Do what I did when you have some time. Start out in each topic forum and read from the first post to the present. LOTS of good info that will answer questions that you don't even know you want to ask.

Welcome to The Forum

Post some pictures when you can. I have Michelin Run FLats on mine. I think run flats are a good idea as there is no spare as you know. I don't know if you are going to drive yours there in The Frozen North ;) in the winter or not. I should talk. We just had a Spring Blizzard over this past weekend and got 2' of snow along with 50 mph winds. Took a full day to dig out. :( Mine spends the winter in the garage under it's soft car cover, so I am not concerned about winter tires.

Post some pictures when you can. I have Michelin Run FLats on mine. I think run flats are a good idea as there is no spare as you know. I don't know if you are going to drive yours there in The Frozen North ;) in the winter or not. I should talk. We just had a Spring Blizzard over this past weekend and got 2' of snow along with 50 mph winds. Took a full day to dig out. :( Mine spends the winter in the garage under it's soft car cover, so I am not concerned about winter tires.
I will post some pics once I get it "polished" up and find a passenger tail light !! I cant pass the provincial inspection until I fix or replace the light !! What a fantastic car though , so much fun with the top down and it's been 85 degrees the last couple days and its only April. I needed tires quick since I wouldn't pass the inspection with the worn goodyear eagle run flats I had on it , I went with the Michelin pilot sports and wow what a nice ride . I have AAA and Michelin also offers a road side assistance for a couple years . We get a lot of rain up here not snow but I'll keep this baby inside when its cold and wet !!:lol:

Congratulations..- I've bought my XLR last week too...
So, I 'll read yours questions with big interrest to learn about This car spécifications.

About the tires; in the case of the tires aren't runflat ; is it a light on the Dashboard ?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom