Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hello to the XLR owners

BigRig

My XLR/V(s)
2007 platinum XLR
Got my 2007 XLR on Monday. Traded in my BMW Z3 that I cherished for 8 years. On Tuesday I replaced the hood supports and had new brake rotors i9nstalled. Quite a surprize for a car with only 25000 miles. It is a joy to drive and am looking forward to many miles with it. BigRig

I bought a 2007 on Tuesday last week. I also replaced the hood supports (car has 39,000 miles) and scoured the Country and finally found a drivers seat trims piece that houses the seat controls. The previous owner was quite heavy and busted it. Love the car.
CADYVET

Welcome to the XLR World... Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome and enjoy the drive!

This car is a joy to drive. No dents, scratches, nicks or gouges. Interior like new. Only thing I found was a crack in the steering wheel. Found a sticker for the last oil change witch was on 3/10/13. 125 miles added since.Gonna play with it today. Dwain

Be careful with tires that have 125 miles on them in over 6 years....they are obviously at least 6 years old (and probably much older), and could have dry rot issues..... I usually replace tires that are older than 6 years on any car that I buy.

Yes, don't do much driving on tires that that old! Might be ok for some light cruising, but push them too hard or hit a pothole and you might be in for a tow!

Thanks again. Checked the date code on the Pilot/sports and they were made in 2016.

Welsome Aboard! Enjoy! : )

The comment about the brakes having to be replaced kind of cracked me up because of mine. Bought it from the original owners in San Diego. It had right at 29000 miles on the odometer. The brakes all around were 'shot'. Took it in to The Cadillac Dealer where they had purchased it, and had had it serviced, before I returned to Colorado. The Service Manager came out laughing after their inspection. "The brakes and rotors need to be replaced, again!" Me: Huh? - "This will be the 3rd time since they bought it. They both have a really bad habit of resting their left foot on the brake pedal 24/7."

Anyhow, Welcome! Enjoy!;)

The last place my XLR was serviced was in Southern California before being brought to Colorado. My mechanic said that somebody must have been riding the brake pedal. Mine is also silver.

Too Funny. --- A Really Bad Habit

The last place my XLR was serviced was in Southern California before being brought to Colorado. My mechanic said that somebody must have been riding the brake pedal. Mine is also silver.

For sure, riding the brakes will shell the pads and the rotors out in nothing flat. Typically the rotors overheat and warp from this really bad habit. --- Post some pictures when you can. I understand we are supposed to get more snow starting tonight and through tomorrow. Ugh. I am 'really tired of Winter'. Evans CO gets lots of snow like we do, I think?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom