Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

hi, new owner of a 05 xlr and love it

trench

My XLR/V(s)
2005 black xlr
looking to redo the seats and drivers side door panel in shale. seems the door panel is no longer available. can anyone tell me what model year still has it available?

Last edited:
Suggestions & Parts Availability

Hi Trench,

Obtaining parts for these cars is definitely a challenge. For the door card what I would do is consider going on a 'salvage line' search service on line for the door card and possibly a good condition seat? I had a devil of a time on mine replacing the high mount stop light as the prior owner had opened the trunk up into something and cracked the lens. I found mine in excellent outside appearance this way (although the internal electrics were shot). Then had to have it rebuilt by Logan Diagnostics in Tennessee. Also, my friend Danny in Chicago sold me his really busted up one for parts for the rebuild (thanks Danny :) !). Now sorted.

The other option is to find the best area upholstery shop in your area and have them reupholstered them to match. On my 79' Eldorado Convertible I recently bought, and must have the driver's seat redone and the door card. This is the approach that I am taking as there is next to no (0) chance I'm going to find the right color leather seat somewhere. The upholstery shop decision was arrived at by my calling The Service Managers at a few local Cadillac Dealers and asking them who they used for their reconditioning upholstery work?

As the XLR's are still relatively recent models, I think you could probably find the door card and seat through the salvage yard search option on line. The shale color is a common one. Through their 'Hollander Interchange Manual', salvage yards can tell you what years parts interchange with yours.

Hope this may help you. :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back