Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

hot rod drag week

airmike

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 black raven xlr-v
Just home from Tulsa, and got to see unbelievable street cars! Today Larry Larson ran a 1/4 mile in
6:16 et at 219 mph!!!!! If anyone hasn't checked out hot rod drag week, do. These cars had to drive 1000 miles and race at 4 different 1/4 mile tracks to be eligible to win the title "fastest street car in America". 310 cars participated, 57 dropped out along the way. Every one that made the 1000 miles could participate in todays drags. A steel bodied 69 camaro ran 6:87 I believe. No xlr's in the field, though I did see one cts-v. There is no real prize for the winner, just bragging rights. We need to get an xlr in next year.

Calling Gizmo! We need Elwood to the Cadillac rescue...............LOL..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Calling Gizmo! We need Elwood to the Cadillac rescue...............LOL.. "

Not me! Hell no, I like my stock block, tranny and rear end....

But as usual, I know a guy...met him a few years ago at Gateway Raceway. He lives not too far from St Louis, boasts a street legal XLR (complete with current Missouri license plates), but about the only thing XLR remaining is the body, lights, and the power windows. He's estimated power to the wheels is around 3000hp.

His name is Scott Lowery and he races in the "Outlaw" series.

His daughter is his crew chief. She showed me around the car and his pitbox.

I've seen this car before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Gizmo can that car make the 1000 mile trip? Thats the thing that makes me appreciate these cars so much as street-able cars. I have seen Scotts times at Tulsa I believe, way down there. I was hoping he would be the yesterday.

Gizmo can that car make the 1000 mile trip? Thats the thing that makes me appreciate these cars so much as street-able cars. I have seen Scotts times at Tulsa I believe, way down there. I was hoping he would be the yesterday.

Big tires and alcohol motor - I expect not.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom