Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! HOW ARE YOUR BODY PANELS AND PAINT

MI XLR V

My XLR/V(s)
2009 BLACK XLR V SUPERCHARGER
WHAT IS THE QUALITY OF THE BODY PANELS, FENDERS DOORS AND PAINT.

Mine are all fine. The fitment is better than the C6 Vette was.

I will have to say mine are flawless, It looks like a black mirror and the fit is perfect. I always was attracted to a great body, even if she's tempramental. She better be careful though, she's still on probation.

I'm very pleased with the fit & finish of my 2005 XLR. I'm also very thankful the previous two owners took impeccable care of her.
Bruce

I think,,, that we were told, either at RII or RIII, that the panels on the X's were thicker than that of the Vette's. Maybe I read it somewhere(?)

My 2006 is in excellent shape in regards to fit and finish, the previous owner took excellent care of her.:cool:

Although I have a somewhat critical eye, I can easily see some misalignment in a door and fender. The paint on the hood also appears to be blotchy. If I had not purchased it new, I might have thought there was repair work done previously.

I think,,, that we were told, either at RII or RIII, that the panels on the X's were thicker than that of the Vette's. Maybe I read it somewhere(?)

The XLR panels are thicker. It is mentioned in the "XLR Book"

Bruce :)

On my `06 the passenger door was sticking out alittle from the rear quarter panel. Not alot but, I could tell that it wasn`t just right. I checked out another `06 and its passenger`s door was mis-adjusted also. Took it to the dealer to have it looked at. They order new weatherstrip and the then re adjusted the door to the right position. No more dust collected now on the inside door jam.

Hummm ... My '06 was doing the same thing. Lookz like there might have been a bad batch roll off the line.

On my `06 the passenger door was sticking out alittle from the rear quarter panel. Not alot but, I could tell that it wasn`t just right. I checked out another `06 and its passenger`s door was mis-adjusted also. Took it to the dealer to have it looked at. They order new weatherstrip and the then re adjusted the door to the right position. No more dust collected now on the inside door jam.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom