Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Howdy from N. Carolina - new XLR owner and XLR.NET member

pittmanjt53

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Crimson Pearl XLR
So I finally bought a Cadillac, and a collector car, and a convertible, and all in one package. I'm Jeff, a semi-retired career IT guy. I live in the Raleigh/Durham area of NC and am here to learn about all things XLR. Looking forward to chatting with everybody. Oh, and I think I'm supposed to post a pic of the ride? I'l get on that!

Welcome!! Lots of good stuff about your XLR here. My suggestion is to go to the first post of each forum topic and read up til the most recent post. It'll take some time, but just about everything you want to ask about the car, you'll find it here.

Congrats on your new ride & on joining what I've found to be the nicest car forum on the Internet! Everyone here is willing to help so don't hesitate to ask questions. :wave:

So I finally bought a Cadillac, and a collector car, and a convertible, and all in one package. I'm Jeff, a semi-retired career IT guy. I live in the Raleigh/Durham area of NC and am here to learn about all things XLR. Looking forward to chatting with everybody. Oh, and I think I'm supposed to post a pic of the ride? I'l get on that!

Welcome Jeff to best damn XLR forum on the internet you'll find a wealth of information on this Fourm along with some of nice people that are now called our friends from meeting at the XLR Gathering and trips we all plan from time to time! Cruz'on Topless of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to The Site

Yes, please post some pictures when you can. Congrats! :)

New XLR owner

Jeff
Congratulations on the new purchase. I'm hoping you have gotten one that has all the bugs out. Nice selection on Color ! If you need any help this is the place to be.
Bob:wave:

Thanks all

Thanks everybody for the welcomes. I'm sure this is going to be my primary info source.

V Happy, I hope the bugs have been squashed - if not, they're waiting to jump out at me because everything works except TPMS so far (car has only ~30k miles). I'm too cheap to replace the TPMS sensors until it's time for new tires.

Take it over to your closest Discount Tire Store : )

Thanks everybody for the welcomes. I'm sure this is going to be my primary info source.

V Happy, I hope the bugs have been squashed - if not, they're waiting to jump out at me because everything works except TPMS so far (car has only ~30k miles). I'm too cheap to replace the TPMS sensors until it's time for new tires.

FYI, Discount Tire will remotely scan The TPMS Sensors in the tires for free. They typically charge around $35.00 to replace one if found to be bad. Usually it's only one of the four sensors. Yup, break down the tire, install a new sensor, remount and balance. Then you don't have to stare at the annoying light anymore. ;)

FYI, Discount Tire will remotely scan The TPMS Sensors in the tires for free. They typically charge around $35.00 to replace one if found to be bad. Usually it's only one of the four sensors. Yup, break down the tire, install a new sensor, remount and balance. Then you don't have to stare at the annoying light anymore. ;)

DOH! I should know never listen to just one quote! Sometimes you have reason to trust a mechanic but forget that the guy doesn't always know everything. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I will head off to my local Discount Tire immediately.

(PS - my regular shop's quote was $80 per wheel with all four required (1 bad, all assumed bad) = $320 = nuts to that.)

Last edited:
Postscript, "If It Isn't Broken, Then Don't Fix It."

DOH! I should know never listen to just one quote! Sometimes you have reason to trust a mechanic but forget that the guy doesn't always know everything. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I will head off to my local Discount Tire immediately.

(PS - my regular shop's quote was $80 per wheel with all four required (1 bad, all assumed bad) = $320 = nuts to that.)

Welcome. :cool: They will ask you if you want them to replace them all. NOT.

I had my X in that area about a year ago visiting family in Cary and Morrisville. Next time I go perhaps we can meet up.

Thanks! Fun Cars, All

Thanks. Love that ElDorado!

The story on The Eldorado is somewhat interesting, and to me a little Bizarre. It was part of Getty Oil Family group of cars in The L.A. area. Bought new in 79' as a COPO G.M. Cadillac Division Special Order with the wire wheels, and they had The Dealer in Burlingame CA (Restor Cadillac) install The Nardi Steering Wheel. It has slightly over 45K Original Miles on it. The story was that it "didn't fit in with the Lamborghinis, Porsches, and Ferraris, etc." being a 'Lowly Cadillac'. The car was in Palm Springs CA where I picked it up after flying in January last year. After negotiating back and forth for quite awhile on the price. 'After we made a deal' and they understood that we were going to tour So Cal in it and drive through Northwestern Arizona and stay in Sedona, and then drive it to Colorado, they wanted to make sure "it was safe". So they relined the brakes w new rotors, put 4 ea. brand new Whitewalls on it, had an oil and filter change done, grease job, complete tune up, new battery, and all new fan belts. Huh? :dunno: So 'after' the sale they spent around $3K + on it. Huh? Did I have to pay for this unannounced work? No. It was just, "Enjoy the car". "Stay in touch." Very friendly. I was told, "When we got to know you and learned that you really cherished this car, we really wanted you to have it." Me, "Wow!" How nice. :cool: New Caretakers, Eldorado Convertible 005.jpgEldorado Convertible.jpg

Last edited:
I had my X in that area about a year ago visiting family in Cary and Morrisville. Next time I go perhaps we can meet up.
Sure - hit me up when you're next going to be in the area.

Monument or bust,,,,,,

Pittman,,,,,,,,,,WELCOME to the XLR forum! :thumbsup Join us here often........

****************************************************************************************************

Sliding off the thread topic:

attachment.php

CNC,,,,awesome find you came across! :slap: :thumbsup

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry