Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

i guess its my turn 2004 TOP PROBLEM

My XLR/V(s)
2004 xlr silver and a xlr-platinum 2008
same problem different day and car ! on my 2004 xlr top has been working great since we bought it ,one day the wife let my kids [22] drive it on a trip to the wine country napa ca , when it returned home now top only part ways work the first 3 stages work but when comes time for the last stage for small section to snap out of the trunk lid and fold down and then truck shut it just stops nothing happens? you can push button and release but it just dead, when you manually fold top back up then you push the button it works fine when it is closing back up again everything locks in place and secures just fine, i have tried some of your sugestions with reset windows but im out of ideals maybe someone has other sugestions ? i wouldnt think it is the pump since 3 of the stages work just fine ? thank you for any sugestions and help.

Last edited:
same problem different day and car ! on my 2004 xlr top has been working great since we bought it ,one day the wife let my kids [22] drive it on a trip to the wine country napa ca , when it returned home now top only part ways work the first 3 stages work but when comes time for the last stage for small section to snap out of the trunk lid and fold down and then truck shut it just stops nothing happens? you can push button and release but it just dead, when you manually fold top back up then you push the button it works fine when it is closing back up again everything locks in place and secures just fine, i have tried some of your sugestions with reset windows but im out of ideals maybe someone has other sugestions ? i wouldnt think it is the pump since 3 of the stages work just fine ? thank you for any sugestions and help.

You may need a top relearn with a Tech 2 at your local GM store or you may know someone with a tech 2.
John F.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!, i really appreciate that i was thinking about about buying one since i have this car and the corvet i will be needing that ,i just sold the 2004 tonight and i really would like to fix the top for the new buyer he is taking it to hawaii i will let you know how it turns out thanks again

I fixed my problem with a new 640 CCA battery. Just for kicks you may want to hook another battery up to yours with jumper cables. Your problem is different than mine. A re learn is most likely your answer, but more current may do the trick.
Good luck.
Ron

THANK you for the advice i will give that a try as well have a great weekend

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry