Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

I need battery advice

black xrlv

My XLR/V(s)
2008 black and black
I know batteries have been discussed for years ad nauseam. I have queried and read but thought I would ask for the latest up to date information.

My 2008 XLR-V is dead. It hasn't been driven and did not have a battery maintainer. Lots of circumstances why.

I just ordered a CTEC MXS 5.0 fully automatic 4.3 amp battery charger and maintainer.

1) Am I going to be happy with that decision based on your experience with that product?

2) If I need a new battery. Don't understand what metrics to used to make a good choice for a 2008 XLR-V? What brand? Amps? Etc.? Right now I am leaning to Odessy.

I know I need to index the windows. Is there also a procedure with valet switch in glove compartment that needs to followed under certain circumstances?

Any and all help will be much appreciated.

To have such a nice car I don't know much about it, so please break it down the lowest common denominator.

Thank you for you help in this matter.

Regards,

Tony

richardyoo

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Silver XLR-V
I was a huge Optima fan until Johnson Controls bought them and the quality went to crap - switched to Odyssey on all my cars and haven't had a single problem since.. I bought the largest battery that would fit in the existing tray.

I have a CTEK maintainer as well - I actually have 4 for different cars and in over a decade only one has failed...

mickeytee

Seasoned Member
Bring it to me and I will make sure the battery stays charged and its driven at least every other day. haha
I like the odyssey also

rexster314

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Base Infrared
When we first got our XLR, the factory battery was new, but for the life of me, wouldn't stay charged. If we went more than a week, it was a sure thing I had to charge it before going anywhere. Three months later after a lot of research I put an Odyssey battery in. Never ran down, even after a month of sitting idle.

XLRATING

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)
We also have a black XLR & like Richard Yoo have switched from Optima to Odyssey. Just did it so can’t report on long term use. Also came up with a solution for the connectors to the battery breaking after years of going through replacement batteries.

My XLR/V(s)
Allante & XLR
I know batteries have been discussed for years ad nauseam. I have queried and read but thought I would ask for the latest up to date information.

My 2008 XLR-V is dead. It hasn't been driven and did not have a battery maintainer. Lots of circumstances why.

I just ordered a CTEC MXS 5.0 fully automatic 4.3 amp battery charger and maintainer.

1) Am I going to be happy with that decision based on your experience with that product?

2) If I need a new battery. Don't understand what metrics to used to make a good choice for a 2008 XLR-V? What brand? Amps? Etc.? Right now I am leaning to Odessy.

I know I need to index the windows. Is there also a procedure with valet switch in glove compartment that needs to followed under certain circumstances?

Any and all help will be much appreciated.

To have such a nice car I don't know much about it, so please break it down the lowest common denominator.

Thank you for you help in this matter.

Regards,

Tony
Order a Griot Garage Battery Maintainer. I did The best.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Top Bottom