Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Just bought new service manuals

arv09

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 Silver Platinum, 2005 Black Raven XLR
I just bought new service manuals for the 05 and 09 off ebay. I hope we can do most of the work ourselves. We will see. Do we need anything else.

arv09
You will also need a tech2 if you want to read codes and be able to clear them. The tech2 is a must if you want to work on these xlr's.
V Happy:rolleyes:

Thanks! Will now look for the Tech2.

Is there a difference between the tech2 and the obd2 scanner? Mark has one of those.

arv09
http://www.obdiiscanner.com/professi...gm-tech-2.html
I bought mine from a web sight that I found on the another XLR forum. I listed it above. It came with everything you need for all the XLRs made to date. I've used mine to clear some codes on a friend XLR 05. He was having trouble with the trunk not opening. Then there was an issue with the top stopping in mid operation. We did a relearn on the top and cured both problems. I have hooked it up to my 06 V to check a few things. They also say you can take a reading on your top operations periodicly to check if a sensor is going bad. I haven't had time to check that out yet. It is amazing what this scanner can do and tell you about the operation of the car. It does come with the updated software and operating disc. I think with this tech 2 and the service manuals you can do a lot yourself.
V Happy:wave:

arv09
http://www.obdiiscanner.com/professi...gm-tech-2.html
I bought mine from a web sight that I found on the another XLR forum. I listed it above. It came with everything you need for all the XLRs made to date. I've used mine to clear some codes on a friend XLR 05. He was having trouble with the trunk not opening. Then there was an issue with the top stopping in mid operation. We did a relearn on the top and cured both problems. I have hooked it up to my 06 V to check a few things. They also say you can take a reading on your top operations periodicly to check if a sensor is going bad. I haven't had time to check that out yet. It is amazing what this scanner can do and tell you about the operation of the car. It does come with the updated software and operating disc. I think with this tech 2 and the service manuals you can do a lot yourself.
V Happy:wave:

So did the scanner you bought from this web site ship from China? I think that's where this company is at. I'm just a little concerned about ordering something from a China website. Seems like a good price, almost to good to be true!

-Just-bought-new-service-manuals

Popbigguy
I know a few guys that have bought this unit from this sight and have had no problem. I had a freind of mine that works in a GM garage come over and help me operate it on the XLR. He said it was all updated and was the same unit as his. I also had a freind of mine come over with a top issue on a 05 XLR and we used it to reprogram his top and got everything working right again.
V Happy

I bought it so will let you know. Hope I actually get it. The price with shipping was $418 and still cheaper than the other sites with shipping. Don't need it right now but want it for anything that comes up.
Got both the service manuals from ebay so I hope I am prepared. Everything still under warranty but not sure I want the dealer to do the service. Not happy with the the way they left the vehicle after replacing the BCM, grease everywhere. Mark knows the Chevrolet service manager in Winchester so will try future service there instead of the Cadillac dealershiip in Lexington, KY if we can't do it our selves.

-Just-bought-new-service-manuals

arv09
I think you will be satisfied with it. If for nothing else just to read and clear codes. Do not get anxious about the correspondence from this company. I ordered mine and used Paypal then did not hear anything other than I paid. Then one day about week and a few days I received the package. This unit comes with two Bosch disks. I am running windows 7 and one would work on my computer. The other one would (TIS 2000) not work on my computer. This is the users manual which is pretty lengthy but helps. I hope all works out for you.
V Happy

arv09
This unit comes with two Bosch disks. I am running windows 7 and one would work on my computer. The other one would (TIS 2000) not work on my computer. This is the users manual which is pretty lengthy but helps. I hope all works out for you.
V Happy

Are the dicks DVD's? DVD's are world zoned, I bet one is zoned for somewhere other than the USA.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom