Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Just purchased 2009 XLR I'm in Southern California

My XLR/V(s)
2009 Elektra Blue/Cashmere XLR
I recently purchased my dream car, a 2009 XLR with 41,000 miles. Rare color combo of Electra Blue with a Cashmere interior. It's near perfect. I'm looking forward to picking your brains and using your experience to enhance the ownership of my car. Should I only have it serviced at a Cadillac dealership or would a qualified mechanic with XLR experience suffice?

Attachments

• XLR.jpg
    XLR.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 253
CONGRAT'S....enjoy it, I just bought a 2009 XLR-V with 28k miles a few months ago...Love it!!

Great looking car, look for someone that’s had the XLR specific training and certification. I’ve utilized a combination of Dealer, specialty shop and myself (bought the two volume shop manuals) and if I had a tech ll I’d probably do all of it.
This forum has a lot of very knowledgeable people to ask if it hasn’t already in a thread. Read up on the issues, tips and solutions if you enjoy working on your own.
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unless your dealer has a special tech that worked back in the day and was trained on the car, they know no more than any tech out there that has a scanner and google on their phone. You best friend is your feet. When the dealer tells you something expensive needs replacing ,then walk away and do some research on here or just ask. Someone will be glad to help you. As many have said. lots of people gain by having a warranty on these cars. I know a local one for sale tried to get an extended warranty and no one would write it. So warranty companies are getting smarter and not going to insure for 500 a year something that is going to cost them 5000$

Love that color and those wheels

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back