Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Key Fob range

klaptrapper

My XLR/V(s)
2006-V black, ebony
I recently had the car washed. I sat with the key fob in my pocket. I sat about 20 yards from the car. I noticed the workers, having no difficulty opening the doors.
My question is, what is the range of the key fob? Range with respect to ebabling the entrance and start functions.

Thanks,
Rusty

I recently had the car washed. I sat with the key fob in my pocket. I sat about 20 yards from the car. I noticed the workers, having no difficulty opening the doors.
My question is, what is the range of the key fob? Range with respect to ebabling the entrance and start functions.

Thanks,
Rusty

Rusty,

I would do another check before thinking it to be a distance issue. If your XLR is programmed to do so (or not to do so), it will not auto-lock. I either had a new up-load of the software or the battery replaced (can't remember), all of the program options were reset and/or modified. This would leave your XLR unlocked all the time.

My new SRX comes programmed with no auto-lock. I now have found it unlocked 3 times while out in town. My wife has fallen to the same issue. As soon as we get a chance, we'll be reading the owner's manual and reprogramming it to auto-lock like our XLR.

XLR KEN :blinzel:

kEY fOB RANGE

I get the dunce of the year award! I was using my second key fob!!!! Not auto locking!!

thanks for you indulgence.

Rusty

Rusty,

I would do another check before thinking it to be a distance issue. If your XLR is programmed to do so (or not to do so), it will not auto-lock. I either had a new up-load of the software or the battery replaced (can't remember), all of the program options were reset and/or modified. This would leave your XLR unlocked all the time.

My new SRX comes programmed with no auto-lock. I now have found it unlocked 3 times while out in town. My wife has fallen to the same issue. As soon as we get a chance, we'll be reading the owner's manual and reprogramming it to auto-lock like our XLR.

XLR KEN :blinzel:

I get the dunce of the year award! I was using my second key fob!!!! Not auto locking!!

thanks for you indulgence.

Rusty
I was about to say, mine wont open the door if the fob is 3 feet from the away. It wont even start half the time if the fob is in my left pocket. So I couldn't imagine it opening at 20 feet.

Sounds like a dead battery, Did you replace it?

Rusty

I was about to say, mine wont open the door if the fob is 3 feet from the door. It wont even start half the time if the fob is in my left pocket. So I couldnt inagine it opening at 20 feet.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom