Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: keyfob update

tonypro99

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Red XLR-V
For those having issues with the keyfobs not working (including me :lol) here is a update I found.

#PIC4642A: Occasional No Fob Detected Message On DIC Or Key In Reminder When Key Fob Outside Of Vehicle - keywords chime chirp horn no program RCDLR RKE transmitter - (Jan 14, 2008)
Subject: Occasional No Fob Detected Message on DIC or Key In Reminder When Key Fob Outside of Vehicle

Models: 2005-2008 Chevrolet Corvette
2005-2008 Cadillac XLR and V-Series

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This PI was superseded to add revised procedures that will recover the RCDLR when/if the RCDLR "Locks Up". Please discard PIC4642.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern:
Some customers may comment of an occasional "No Fob Detected" message displayed on the DIC when the fob is located somewhere on the driver's seat. They also may comment that the fob reminder (3 horn honks) is heard when exiting the vehicle with the key fob. This is because the original RCDLR software does not adequately cover the driver's seat and it can also detect the fob when it is slightly outside of the driver's door. The new software will add a new zone to better cover the driver's seat, and it will also add a 2 second delay after the door closes before checking for the fob on the interior. This could affect all vehicles built prior to October 2007.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Important: Prior to programming per the information below, the Radio and HVAC Fuses MUST be removed and the ignition must be in "Key On Engine Off Mode" The radio and HVAC fuses can be located in the BCM fuse block on the passengers floor electrical center. One of the fuses is labeled RDO/S'BAND/VICS and the other is labeled HVAC/PWR SND.
Program the RCDLR with revised software using TIS-2-WEB "Pass Through" method. When programming, it is required to select "Replace and Reprogram ECU".

Important: If the programming procedure does not finish successfully and the RCDLR appears to be in a "locked up" state do not turn off the ignition, follow the directions below...
The RCDLR can be reset by removing the RCDLR fuse (#11 in the UBEC) for at least 30 seconds or longer and then reinstalling it. Once this fuse is reinstalled in the UBEC, there will be a 2 minute window to restart the programming of the RCDLR through TIS2WEB. Failure to restart the programming of the RCDLR through TIS2WEB within 2 minutes may cause programming to fail and this procedure will need to be repeated. It is recommended that the Tech 2 remain connected to the vehicle and that the TIS2WEB application is open and ready to program the vehicle prior to reinstalling RCDLR fuse #11 into the UBEC.
Use Labor Operation Number R9723 with a Labor Time of 0.4

Please Note the following two items:: DO NOT REPLACE THE MODULE - JUST REPROGRAM IT. ALSO FOB PROGRAMMING AND TPM LEARN IS NOT REQUIRED.

For Model years 2005-2007, use software version 25927325.
For Model Year 2008, use software version 25927326

After the dealer failed to find this document, I ended up doing this update myself with my own Tech2 and a help of a guy who has Tis2Web access.

I recommend reading the instructions carefully first and following it down to every last detail... I had to restart the process a few times to get it to work right as I forgot little details here and there.

After the update, I can say that I haven't had any further issues with the car telling me that the fob was inside or any other weirdness. In fact, I actually think it does a better job of detecting when the fob is or isn't near.

If you haven't gotten this update done, I highly recommend it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom