Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Lambo Joy Ride

X

XLR KEN

I won't be letting go of my '05 XLR soon, but it's still fun to try out other "flavors."

Lamborghini is one of the ten brands under the VW group, therefore I must publicly endorse the product. As a VW employee, I do get opportunities to sample the wares.

The VW Chattanooga staff for the next two weeks are being given an opportunity to test drive for an hour a 2009 Lamborghini Spyder. I must say that the feel is much more lively than my XLR with almost 545hp from the mid-engine V10. I didn't have the opportunity to use the "launch mode" but understand that 0-60 can be achieved under 4.5sec. I believe it!

There's not enough time or space to go through the whole list of options and features, but I'll summarize the car as one that can't be fully enjoyed on American highways in an hour. The controls are laid out well but are so numerous and complex that I wasn't able to go through them all in the hour session. Plus, it was a rag-top.......:pukeface:

XLR KEN :blinzel:

Why Why do the ruin these cars by putting a ragtop on them?? :(
I won't be letting go of my '05 XLR soon, but it's still fun to try out other "flavors."

Lamborghini is one of the ten brands under the VW group, therefore I must publicly endorse the product. As a VW employee, I do get opportunities to sample the wares.

The VW Chattanooga staff for the next two weeks are being given an opportunity to test drive for an hour a 2009 Lamborghini Spyder. I must say that the feel is much more lively than my XLR with almost 545hp from the mid-engine V10. I didn't have the opportunity to use the "launch mode" but understand that 0-60 can be achieved under 4.5sec. I believe it!

There's not enough time or space to go through the whole list of options and features, but I'll summarize the car as one that can't be fully enjoyed on American highways in an hour. The controls are laid out well but are so numerous and complex that I wasn't able to go through them all in the hour session. Plus, it was a rag-top.......:pukeface:

Hey Ken,

Great you had the opportunity driving the Lambo!! It would be fun driving the hills in Choo-Choo town. Great pics--only one question--don't those Tennessee people get mad at your Texas hat.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
(just kidding-my dad lived in Athens, TN for awhile and was a big Vol fan.)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back