Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

led headlights

josua

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Raven Black xlr 2009 sts4
old question, I guess. Headlights both work, but it seems inevitable, they go bad. Have read about changing to leds. Do the bulb sockets twist and pull out? If you change to leds, what about the ballast? Am familiar with electrical circuits but haven't looked at these. If doable, are they brighter than stock and what brand leds would you recommend? I might go ahead and change them now. It's a 2004.

The write ups about led bulbs is for the upper driving and turn signal bulb. They get hot and melt the lens . the regular low and high beams are xenon and you can get brighter ones just be aware they change colors towards blue if you go too bright. They do dim with age so new stock bulbs can be brighter. You use the same ballast. Just do not touch the bulb filiment when changing or it will blow. Headlights do have to be removed and theres instructions already for that

Thanks micky, I was confused about which bulbs are which. Everything works right now so I'll just leave it alone. Cross that bridge when I get there. Hate those blue headlights.

Haha, i hate them also.blue usually is an aftermarket higher rated bulb than stock. New stock to me give plenty of light

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom