Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! LED Light Questions

The button lights are built into the switch. It's easiest to change the whole panel, about $35 each

Lighting Issues

I know several people on the forum have switched out the factory bulbs for LEDs, and some have even posted the bulbs they used and posted picutures. All the bulbs are pretty easy to source except the DRLs. Thank you very much for sharing.

Has anyone switched out the 3757 bulbs for LEDs?

Does a regular 3157 Amber LED work?

Does it require a resistor to function properly?

If so, what is wattage and ohms of the resistor used?

I have been told by 2 LED suppliers that the switchback (white/amber) LED bulbs will not work in the XLR. Just wondering if anyone has been able to make them work. It seems like such an elegant option...white DRL and an amber turn signal when needed.

I know some have experienced the frazzeling of the DRLs by the hot bulbs, and I was wondering what you have done to correct the situation. I know this may be blasphemous since most of us try to keep the cars stock, but has anyone used the aftermarket DRL/Turn Signal LEDs? If so where did you mount them?

My apologies if this information is somewhere on the forum, I have been unable to find it.

Thanks for any assistance and sorry for the long post.
Al

While at the GM Dealer (Ontario Canada) getting my Antifreeze Replaced and Oil changed I asked the mechanic about brighter front lighting. He said a guy had recently replaced 'some' front end bulbs, melted the head light and GM was unable to get him another one. They have an '08 XLR Grey with Shale under 25k miles if anyone is interested.
Gord.

I would guess that you still would have to mount the resistors in some fashion. They put out a fair amount of heat. Don't want to damage existing wiring by not securing them. Otherwise, no reason that they shouldn't work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back