Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Local Fair Food

mtrocket

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Red Jewel XLR
After reading the Indiana State Fair thread and about the Elephant Ears... which we, here in Montana, don't have at our fair, I thought it would be interesting to learn about the local favorite fair food across the country.
Here, at the Billings, Montana fair, we have what are called Vikings... pre-cooked Norwegian meatballs (about 2" in diameter and 3-4 inches long), battered in a "special seasoned batter" and deep-fried. I can't go to the fair and not have a few... it's the only time of year that the Vikings are available. New this year were deep-fried Oreos... YUM!!! New to last year's fair were deep-fried twinkies, deep-fried snickers and deep-fried cheesecake. Everything bad for you just HAS to taste GOOD!!!

After reading the Indiana State Fair thread and about the Elephant Ears... which we, here in Montana, don't have at our fair, I thought it would be interesting to learn about the local favorite fair food across the country.
Here, at the Billings, Montana fair, we have what are called Vikings... pre-cooked Norwegian meatballs (about 2" in diameter and 3-4 inches long), battered in a "special seasoned batter" and deep-fried. I can't go to the fair and not have a few... it's the only time of year that the Vikings are available. New this year were deep-fried Oreos... YUM!!! New to last year's fair were deep-fried twinkies, deep-fried snickers and deep-fried cheesecake. Everything bad for you just HAS to taste GOOD!!!
That all sounds great to me. When is your fair?

Fred:wave:

Kevin always has to have a dish at our fair. It is steak, potatoes, and beans and it is all cooked together. He loves it. I always just have to go to the beer tent nothing special just like beer. :D

The fairs here have Italian Sausage Sandwiches with fried onions & peppers that are out-of-this-world!!!! Elephant Ears and Funnel Cakes were my favorite when I was a kid!

There's actually a restaurant close to where I work that sells fair food ALL YEAR LONG! I've never eaten there - fair food is not to be eaten on a regular basis!!! :laugh:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom