Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! locked out of my XLR

tommy10

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Silver
Any help ? My problem started when my dome lights would not go off ,finally found the fuse the let them go off after I pulled it.Then my car would not unlock ,I put in a new battery in the transmiter and still will not unlock the car ,so this is saturday night,and the car is in my garage. Will most likely have to have it towed to the dealer,if the can drag it out of my garage!!If any one has had this happen please let me know @ thomas_charest@hotmail.com thanks!

You got the key for the rear bumper trunk switch? Then you can pull the manual door opening lever from the trunk.

There might have been an easier fix for your dome light issue instead of identifying and removing the fuse. On the top/right row of switches beside the instrument panel and above the pushbutton ignition switch is half-sun-looking icon (it's the second switch from the top) that controls the overhead light. It gets just about everyone once, including yours truly.

Once you unlock the Rear Deck Lid with your standard key. (You did get a key, right?) If you don't have one, you need to show proof of ownership and provide your local GM dealer with the VIN. They can create a replacement key, no need to call a tow.

CC :wave:

+1 on what ccclarke said. Use your key, it may be inside the fob. to mechanically unlock the trunk, lift the trunk (more effort than you might expect), use the door lock release cable in the trunk to open the door. The cable pull is under the carpet so you will have to look for the cuts in the liner. It is in different locations depending on the year.

BTW, the fuse for the dome light (F17) is not the same one for the door lock (F11) There maybe be some interconnection thru the network of some sensors.

Any help ? My problem started when my dome lights would not go off ,finally found the fuse the let them go off after I pulled it.Then my car would not unlock ,I put in a new battery in the transmiter and still will not unlock the car ,so this is saturday night,and the car is in my garage. Will most likely have to have it towed to the dealer,if the can drag it out of my garage!!If any one has had this happen please let me know @ thomas_charest@hotmail.com thanks!

Oh no, Tommy10! I'm sorry you are locked out of your vehicle. Thankfully it is parked in your garage. Are you still unable to get into your vehicle? If you would like my assistance please send me a private message with more information. Please include your VIN, contact information, mileage and the dealership you would prefer to use.

Katie O.
Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry