Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Looking for exterior Headlight lens for passager side.

1)ragon

My XLR/V(s)
Cadillac xlr 2006 champagne
RP side.jpg

I bought me a 2006 Cadillac XLR recently for a birthday present to myself, less than a month of owning it, a deer ran right in front of me and I hit the deer head on at 60mph, amazing it only shattered my windshield and broke my exterior headlight lens cover on the passenger side. I got so lucky that it didn't leave one dent or messed up the paint, the car was built very well. The deer got lucky too, and ran off after hitting it, glad we both got lucky. :D

So if anyone got an exterior headlight lens for passenger side for sale, I would be so grateful, I am having trouble finding one.

I have a cracked headlamp myself but i was told you cant just replace the lens. Does anybody know if this is true?

Headlight assemblies are just that. For now, you have to replace the entire assembly, not just the lens. We keep hoping some entrepreneur finds a way to either cast or print new lenses.

20200220_212645.jpg
20200220_212834.jpg

Ya had no luck searching for a lens replacement. So I decided to make my own mold tonight.. Soon I'll be able to make exterior lenses. Might as well learn how, only takes a rock to break them, or a deer..... (>_<)''

Last edited:
sounds good .we all have been waiting for someone to make them and figure out a way to attach them

Now that you've actually built these molds I'm kicking myself for not having thought of this. It will be tough to get warmed polycarbonate to lay into the concave side of your molds, but I'm confident you'll figure it out. Don't get discouraged.[FONT=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

I think the bigger problem will be attaching it to the light?

I have a lens that was falling off a headlight, I contemplated using a UV cured UV stable LOCA glue, and shining the UV light through the headlight bulb opening to get it past the UV coating on the outside. Or possibly even making a UV light wand that could pass in to the headlight bulb location.
In your case, your outer lens won't have a UV coating on it, so you could probably just use the UV curing LOCA glue to attach it.
The question I had was a permanent LOCA? Or the sort they use to attach LCD screens to the backlights on Cellphones.

David thats worth looking ito. GM usedsome sort of activated bond on these that when the lens comes off does not show any signs of attachment on the lens or the polished support frame. They got it wrong in 2006 but improved in 07-09. This was the only car tha thas the lens attached in this manner until I think about 2015 when they did it on the chevy Truck. They failed and thousands where recalled. I have not tried the glue you mentioned but will work on it. the uv coating was originally sprayed with the scratch resistance after the lens was attached so you may be on to something .

Following to see what happens with the molds. If you're able to make new lenses, you might have struck gold!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom