Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Exterior door unlock button

Hal-in-Prescott

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Platinum
Sorry for so many posts but the car is new to me and appreciate any help.
The exterior “button” used to unlock the driver door is having problems. It takes multiple presses, even need to use unlock on the fob multiple times to finally get it to release the door. Passenger side is fine. I’ll assume it’s a faulty switch. Anyone know the part number so I can order a replacement? Other thoughts/ideas/suggestions? Thanks. Hal

Hi Hal,
Try 22751230 which best as I can see is the exterior switch used on pretty much everything and available all over the place (web) as well. Least expensive I've seen is from my side of the fence:

https://www.amazon.ca/Genuine-22751230-Release-Switch-Exterior/dp/B00GTJVMAI @ $27.17 and that's Canadian dollars as I see it.

HTH!

Gord
Thanks, Gord. I ordered the part (US Amazon) and it may arrive tomorrow. I have an appointment Monday at the local Cadillac dealer to do an overall check of the car (I just got the car and I want them to do a general look over) so if this part arrives Saturday, it will be my Sunday project. I appreciate the input. Hal

Replacing that door lock mechanism has to be one of the easiest, least expensive, projects I have ever done on a car. Any car! Thank you members who told me the part number and where to get it. So easy! I think I'll go ahead and change out the passenger side now so they are both current!

It is easy and satisfying when done. Next would be hood struts. Cheap easy and keeps the hood from falling on your head
I've done hood struts before, on Corvettes and Escalades. Escalade was easy access. The Corvette softtop and trunk: tough to get too.

Hi Hal, I had same issue with the 2005 I just got on driver side. Bought two new ones, so I have a spare. Helped a lot on driver side with the new one, and easy to replace!
My guess it is same part they use on C6/C7 Vettes.
Many places to get these, I got mine from a small place in NJ, “Bigg Daddy Caddy”. Was $30, and helped a small place instead of Amazon. He has some neat wheels for XLR I am going to I get soon.

Hi Hal, I had same issue with the 2005 I just got on driver side. Bought two new ones, so I have a spare. Helped a lot on driver side with the new one, and easy to replace!
My guess it is same part they use on C6/C7 Vettes.
Many places to get these, I got mine from a small place in NJ, “Bigg Daddy Caddy”. Was $30, and helped a small place instead of Amazon. He has some neat wheels for XLR I am going to I get soon.
I also bought a spare. Good to have around. Hal

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back