Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

looking for new driver side door panel

trench

My XLR/V(s)
2005 black xlr
went on gmpartseast and it seems that the driver side door card is out of production. does anyone know what model year that still have that option available? my car is a 05 shale xlr. im wondering if i could order from a 07,8, or 9 model year and just recolor the panel

Last edited:
BL04380.gif

looks like on GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts
part #8 ??? is that the one you are lookin for?
there are several door trim parts , some come packaged together, so be careful what you need and what you order.
not sure if they come separate or just as a part of the trim package.
looks like part #1 is the whole trim package and includes a whole bunch of panels etc.

alternatively people have had success getting individual panels recovered, custom look or original look.
ususally cheaper.
and there is a very good spray paint specially made for the leather and plastic parts,
some on this forum have used it and the color match was good and really brought the parts back to looking like new.
i'll try to find a link.

lex

this thread discusses alot about getting panels re-covered !!!
nice pics too...
and it mentions the special spray coating on pg 3.
the research i did on the coating after learning of it here,
led me to believe it was a reasonable solution for some applications... could be good enough for your problem areas ??

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...ssion/6681-recover-seats.html?highlight=spray

ps welome to the XLR world!!!

MAN thanks ccclarke!!!!! First day on site and you saved me soooooo much hunting around!!
Ive been lurking around eBay for a month looking for the panel and couldn't fine one. I order $3000 worth of parts from GMPARTSEAST and received a notice that it was discontinued :-/. I was actually thinks ng about selling it and just buying another because the door card was so messed up.

Now all I need is the seat covers and center console and she's back to good health :)
I like me restoring cars to their former glory :)

thnks Lextoy for the info. you guys are GREAT!!!!!!

now lets see.....hunnydolist....1,center console 2 seat covers, 3workshop manuals,4 fix fuel gauge (only reads little over half when filled up), 5 driver side door will not open from inside when button is pressed),6 buy a tech 2, 7 buy a owners manual :thumbsup

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom