Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Love my toy but ready to pull my hair out

My XLR/V(s)
2005 red beauty
It has happened again. I had a problem with starting and it was told to me that it was the module to the fuel pump I changed it and also puta new battery and the problem went away for a few weeks(7) Now I attempt to start the car and it cranks and cranks but refuses to start. Any ideas are welcome Thanks

I was surprised when you reported the fuel delivery problem was fixed by the installation of a new battery. I was not surprised when you reported the problem returned - if it's indeed the same problem.

1. Are you using a Battery Tender to keep the battery charged when the car sits idle for more than two weeks? If not, it's worth considering.

2. Has anyone scanned the car with a Tech 2 to observe what's going on with it? I ask because you've thrown an awful lot of money at the problem that could have been more enjoyably spent on tier-one beer, and the problem remains, waiting to frustrate you further. Playing troubleshooting "Wheel of Fortune" with this car is a losing proposition.

3. The recently-replaced module might have failed, but without a full parameter scan of the fuel system, it's difficult to troubleshoot remotely. The Tech 2 takes a lot of guesswork out of the troubleshooting equation.

CCC :wave:

Last edited:
I was surprised when you reported the fuel delivery problem was fixed by the installation of a new battery. I was not surprised when you reported the problem returned - if it's indeed the same problem.

1. Are you using a Battery Tender to keep the battery charged when the car sits idle for more than two weeks? If not, it's worth considering.

2. Has anyone scanned the car with a Tech 2 to observe what's going on with it? I ask because you've thrown an awful lot of money at the problem that could have been more enjoyably spent on tier-one beer, and the problem remains, waiting to frustrate you further. Playing troubleshooting "Wheel of Fortune" with this car is a losing proposition.

3. The recently-replaced module might have failed, but without a full parameter scan of the fuel system, it's difficult to troubleshoot remotely. The Tech 2 takes a lot of guesswork out of the troubleshooting equation.

CCC :wave:
I drove it to dealer and they used the tech 2 on it and they said it does not show anything is wrong and w/o seeing the actual action it is difficult to analyze. I drove it home and for two days it was excellent then it happened again just continues to crank. I drive this car everyday so it never sits more than overnight

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom