Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Low Profile Ramps for Oil Change

bikemanbrad

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 black XLR
I always change my Alfa, Mercedes and Eldorados oil myself with an old pair of metal ramps.
Now I assume I need low profile ramps to do the XLR.
Looking at a pair of Rhino ramps that say low profile due to 17 degree incline and then seem to lift car high enough.
Other more expensive low ramps look like they hardly lift the car.
Does anyone use a pair of ramps and which ?
Thank You.

I use an old pair of metal ramps.... didn't have a problem with driving the XLR on & up the ramps.

I did have issues with my Viper & lowered stance Mustang,,,, had to use 2 X 8 lumber - 8' long to drive up on first, which were placed on the lower section of the ramps..

Good luck
p z

Someone here recommended Rhino ramps to me many years ago, and they work great for the XLR!

They're included in this comparo video. Available all over, so shop around for the best prices if you're interested. They come in multiple styles.

I have a set of race ramps... they weren't cheap, but I've liked how they're modular and since their so light weight I can put them on the top shelf in my garage.

I have a set of the 67" XT race ramps - which have the removable portion - nice when changing the oil
67" XT Race Ramps - Race Ramps

And I also have a set of the XTenders, as my XLR-V is lowered
XTenders for 56" and 67" Race Ramps - Race Ramps

And I also got a set of the Roll-ups for the rear wheels - this lifts the rear up a few inches so when I'm working under it there's a bit more clearance
Roll-Ups - Race Ramps

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back