Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mid engine 600 HP XLR

IAN

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 silver XLR
Hi XLR owners.

Found on internet a GM leak, the possibility of a new XLR Cadillac for 2020 or 21, also with folding top in between the seats and the mid engine of 600 HP , same tail lamps, larger grill smaller headlamps…..my new dream.

Many photos are still available, show your find.

IAN is-this-proof-that-c_1600x0w[1].jpg

The engine is called a Blackwing. Produced in Bowling Green. $149k. Time to place your order. Hopefully it will have room for my golf clubs with the top down this time around.

HI Army AL.

The front trunk lid will supplied that space for your golf club.

It will be a fine car for a few years leasing, putting that much money would be not wise.

This pseudo Cadillac looks mostly a corvette and its style, the outside mirror are simply a corvette.

Would Cadillac comme up with a 100% electric car would me more to accordingly to the type of consumers who would buy that car, 4 electric motors would be great, i like the electric motors whisling noises when on full acceleration.

I like that body style, the only remains are XLR the tail lamp and its top, the rest is obviously the corvette with a mazda 3 smiling grill and its headlamps is in it, with the Cadillac badge.

IAN

Hi XLR owners.

Found on internet a GM leak, the possibility of a new XLR Cadillac for 2020 or 21, also with folding top in between the seats and the mid engine of 600 HP , same tail lamps, larger grill smaller headlamps…..my new dream.

Many photos are still available, show your find.

IANView attachment 8625

HI XLR Owners.

A research by Cadillac designers for Cadillac customers was made few years ago, its call SIEN it looks to be a mid engine type with 900HP a sport Cadillac with wings style door.

Presently the sales of the corvettes are slow as also their assembly production line, it is time to buy one as there is some good incentive$, the dealer inventory are hi at this time of the year.

The SIEN as you can see has the real Cadillac front end and lines, with Cadillac headlamps of their owns, its lines are bit conservatives as this research was done for some time.

That is a real Cadillac, is in itcadillac cien concept car futuristic design sports car gm general motors butterfly doors 2[1].jpg

IAN

HI XLR Owners.

A research by Cadillac designers for Cadillac customers was made few years ago, its call SIEN it looks to be a mid engine type with 900HP a sport Cadillac with wings style door.

Presently the sales of the corvettes are slow as also their assembly production line, it is time to buy one as there is some good incentive$, the dealer inventory are hi at this time of the year.

The SIEN as you can see has the real Cadillac front end and lines, with Cadillac headlamps of their owns, its lines are bit conservatives as this research was done for some time.

That is a real Cadillac, is in itView attachment 8628

IAN

The Cien (as noted in the picture) was introduced at the 2002 Detroit Auto Show. It is the car the XLR was based on. It was a hand built fully functioning prototype. Cien is Spanish for 100 and paid homage to Cadillac’s 100th birthday that year.
A Look Back: Cadillac Cien Concept

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi nerkpowers.

Great find, i think that the CIEN and EVOQ also introduce at the Detroit car show in 1999 had both an influence on all the Cadillac cars productions of these years.

Corvette people should do the same and make a bit of search on the Cadillac prototypes car previously made, that will give them some inspirations for the XLR 2021 model they want to introduce.

IAN

Coincidentally, I was in a doctor’s office this week and picked up a 2014 issue of Motor Trend that had an article about the anticipated mid-engine Corvette and its Cadillac sibling. It even included an artist rendering of the vehicle. The hype then was almost entirely consistent with what’s happening now, five years later. Back then, Motor Trend had the price of the Caddy version pegged at an anticipated $200,000+.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi MGibson.MSO.

Your lucky to get a such magasine, myself i have an appointment for a general check up with my doctor, the same for the XLR foldtop this springtime with my Cad. Dealer.

These leacks most of the time are only some marketing fake news, they are coming out during winter time to stimulate our will of trading our XLR.

Hier is the pseudo retail price, stronger is our dream of one day to get a such car. do we have the budget the reality gets you quickly.

IAN

FYI,,,,Info on mid-engine Corvette:

YouTube

Obviously ''Justin'' time for part 2 of the corvette marketing, lucky guy to get so easy some private photos and videos of an experimental…. car for now.

Beautyfull corvette is in it, however would the average Cadillac customers appreciate a rear sporty noisy engine, i dont think so. the electric power plan should match to their taste.

Hi XLR owners.

I found this photo of the Corvette C8, a possibility to be procuse next year.
Note that the head lights are looking more as per the Cadillacs and the XLR.Mid-engine-vette-2[1].jpg

IAN

come back and read this in a year. the new Corvette will be a flop. It will not look near as good as people hope, Will be plagued with on going problems. Will be over priced and many will sell at first but they will not sell enough to make it worthwhile. Entry level Corvette buyers will not buy a camaro as they hoped but will buy one of the many other sports cars that are rapidly growing in popularity.

HI pure zen.

It is kind of a surprise….. such problems are usely normal, when developing a such hi power car project.

A bend frame and a rear window latch can easely been solved by the inginers, by increasing the metal thickness of the frame metal and replacing the rear window latch plastic component by metal parts.

It looks that the corvette/Cadillac is base on the experiences of the 2002 CIEN, with a unitise body made of carbon/composite , would the above problems happened on this car it would have been solve already, is in it.

The GM management asking to the layers advise for a such project really shows a poor communication that fail between both managements.

Cool find.

IAN

HI LTS

If the GM managements give the OK, the project could be a short result like we have experienteb with the XLR, the first years sales will be fine, however it will start to decline after few years. as you mention.

The Corvette /Cadillac project are together with both brand, as GM knows very well that this segment is reducing rapidely, the retail price will kill the long life of the car…..also, after 4 years the younger generation will buy it, as it is happening presently with the XLR.

Obviously when viewing the advertising of GM for Cadillac consumers, the publicity is oriented no longer on old generation$$$...... the trucks seems to have advantage, as these sales are offering confort and security to the new kind of drivers.

Sedan sales are on a way down and sports cars do not means much overhaul to the new generation, the assistance for an example on F! racing cars, are down on many countrys, the enthousiasm for racing is down, the V-8 are presently replaced by V-6 or 4 cylinders on production line and sales.

Electric car sales are up, that is what the Corvette/Cadillac should go for, many europeans hi line sports cars are going this way, the world is changing too bad….. i love the V8 cars.

IAN

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back