Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Millage

We live in Camden,on the Maine coast, so when I purchased my 2007 in June, I insured her with Haggerty for a six month driving season. I put her in rented heated storage back in the middle of October, topped off the tank and added fuel stabilizer, purchased four tire pads for her to sleep upon, disconnected the battery, propped the hood so it's slightly open, and tucked her in with a cover. She's close by, but haven't seen her since. So she'll be asleep until April, and even that seems early since it has been snowing for 24 hours, blowing nearly 60 miles per hour. Hard to even conceive of spring and the top down on my XLR. Happy day, James

Miles on XLR

I don’t drive mine much, but I wouldn’t worry about the dependability. The NS engine is strong and reliable. We have two other Cadillacs in our collector fleet, and they have only had normal maintenance and some things just wear out over time and miles.
We call it “The Baby” because it’s a small Cadillac, and it sure is fun to run around in during spring and fall. Just finished radiator, belts and hoses, so as soon as the cold rain stops, we’re ready!

I drive mine every chance I get. I had it out a couple weeks ago because we had enough rain to wash all the salt off the roads! I am a firm believer of not saving it for the next guy! It is a given that as mileage increases things will leak, wear out and break. That is part of owning anything that gets used on a daily basis.

Things also need replacing on cars when they just sit (biggest example for XLR’s would be the silicon sealant used as gaskets in the engine). So you might as well enjoy them & “earn” the repairs!

I’ve also frequently read that because Northstars are high compression “racing” engines, it’s even woarse to let them sit &/or drive them like Miss Daisy. I’m happy to use that as an excuse to drive with a little WOT when I get a chance! :burnout:

I pulled my car out of storage on or about Oct 20th and drove it it for about a month before heading back home. It ran like a top and I changed the oil and flushed the rad. I will do the rear end in January. I found an 06 XLR at home identical to mine with 60,000'miles on it. I thought about buying it and selling my one in the Desert with 89,000 miles. It needed a bunch of work and the only bonus with this car was good headlights and no sun damage on rubber mouldings etc. With the positive postings on high Millage cars I decided to keep mine. I have had no problems, a couple of stupid gremlins every once in a while like low tire pressure etc. This is a great car and I shall keep it. My car has really been trouble free. If anything may add a "V".
John F.

Nice sunny day here in Central PA, took the 07v to work today. Put about 320 miles on it, also rolled over the 200,000 mile mark.
53d976c1d4af20a992e3e697b2c3ad04.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back