Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Movement resistance

JCroegaert

Seasoned Member
My 04 XLR has some resistance going backward & forward - but brakes test ok. Any ideas? Dealer checking possible axil problem. Open to anyone with similar experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 04 XLR has some resistance going backward & forward - but brakes test ok. Any ideas? Dealer checking possible axil problem. Open to anyone with similar experience.

Good news. Dealer contacted Cadillac hotline & suggestion made to flush out brake fluid & adjust calipers and that solved my resistance problem.

Now I want to get tires that stand higher to help with incline at start of my drive. Continental looks like they might have something. Any suggestions? (2004 XLR). Nitto tires on it.

Glad you were able to fix the problem. It's a good idea to flush the brake fluid every two or three years due to hygroscopic action of the brake fluid.

Just remember if you put taller tires on that your speedo will no longer read correctly and also that you should keep all four tires at or very close to the same diameter to keep the ABS from being triggered because of different wheel rotation speeds.

I have a very steep driveway. Just make sure that you back out and drive in at a 45 degree angle. Will keep you from scraping your skid plate and buggering up your bumper.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back